Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PWM linked to Throttle Position Sensor

PWM linked to Throttle Position Sensor

I have been Toying with the idea of somehow linking a PWM controlling HHO production with the throttle position sensor so that as I accelerate more HHO is produced. This seems like the next step in HHO designs, since as things are now, the HHO is either on or off and takes no account of driving conditions.
    Check out these smog results.
    http://myhhohybrid.com/images/smog.jpg
    As you can see the pollution benefits drop off at higher rpms, and I assume the MPG gains do too.
    The trick with be to somehow have your EFIE be adjusted accordingly at the same time.

any thoughts?

Hydroxycorp

That's why I'm looking for this company, they had a few products that intergrated all these things together. I'm thinking they were bought out by another. Anybody with info on them please share it.
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

As you can see the pollution benefits drop off at higher rpms, and I assume the MPG gains do too.

Yup they will. Liters per min of air intake increase as the engine rpm increases - HHO stays the same. Diminishing returns at the higher rpm level.

I see it as : I very seldom drive faster than 2500 rpm = 65 - 70 mph I'd like to make a cell that can deliver 5 lpm HHO just so that at the higher rpm the milage won't deminish to much. Having a device that can tweek the o2 sencers, adjust the pwm according to rpm for gas production, retard timing and monotor temps would be GREAT.

SOOOOOOOOOO where oh where is the HYDROXYCORP
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

info on pwm control

marlon)

if google hytronics module info, it is layedout like you want; maybe have to change pot value to suit your pwm, but its done.
    gerald b.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    I have been Toying with the idea of somehow linking a PWM controlling HHO production with the throttle position sensor so that as I accelerate more HHO is produced. This seems like the next step in HHO designs, since as things are now, the HHO is either on or off and takes no account of driving conditions.
    Check out these smog results.
    http://myhhohybrid.com/images/smog.jpg
    The trick with be to somehow have your EFIE be adjusted accordingly at the same time.

any thoughts?

I'm currently working on an all-in-one solution for HHO control. It's going to have a bunch of monitoring/data measurement/data logging capability such as gas production/current/voltage, etc. It will interface with a laptop or PC via a wireless link to the USB receiver. In other words, the controller would be mounted wherever your HHO cell is, and you can monitor/experiment/adjust stuff via your laptop.

I'm working on adding RPM sensing and HHO production throttling to it. However, my approach to getting the throttle position might turn out to be monitoring a spark plug wire to get RPM data. You might try sensing the spark plug firing... Or you could get one of my Hulk controllers... Currently, my cost projections are around $175 - $200.

HI All

Having my head in all the youtube and some other formats i have a very basic idea of whats going on .I have not started any hho project but want to start in the right way

Forgive me if i am crawling over old ground the recent thread re the eec reset prompted me to join

i understand that storing the hho under pressure can cause it too ignite at what pressure would this occur if there was a safe preessure the heath robinson set ups that i see on utube and other sights could be simple controled using systems that already exsist to delever the hho safely and controled through the engine management placed in you vechile coupled with stepper motors for air in take system and timed sequential injected systems direct to the manifold

Also without a pressurised system just using the air induction method there are very reliable feed back systems for a controlled oxegen censors that can be installed w could be wired to dual fuel or chose a single fuel delivery

Any replys would be greatfully recieved

To the OP

They already make something similar to what you are talking about. Typically they run around $120. People use them for their intercooler pumps. It is wired into the TPS and ramps up as more throttle is applied. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to adapt it to a gen. I will be using one when I build my kit.

Controlling the PWM with the throttle position sensor is in its self good but I doubt of any value. The problem is the ECU. The adaptive capabilities of the ECU are extremely limited and it is hard enough to tune for a constant amount of HHO. I think unless you rewrote / reprogram the ECU it would not work, and if you reprogrammed the ECU there might not be a need to adjust the amount of HHO just adjust the fuel, everything will then change. This is way more complex than everyone makes it. This is not free stuff (HHO). HHO takes HP to make. You are only going to get a limited benefit off a limited amount of HHO, it is not unlimited. The returns start to diminish the more you try to make. Not to discourage anyone but you need to make what we have work. Make an efficient reactor and go from there. Look for the sweet spot for your engine/alternator. Keep it simple and safe.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I would assume it would be better to control the amount of HHO production as it's being injected into the vehicle no? When less is made/used at idle and low speed this in turns means less heat is being created correct?

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    Controlling the PWM with the throttle position sensor is in its self good but I doubt of any value. The problem is the ECU. The adaptive capabilities of the ECU are extremely limited and it is hard enough to tune for a constant amount of HHO. I think unless you rewrote / reprogram the ECU it would not work, and if you reprogrammed the ECU there might not be a need to adjust the amount of HHO just adjust the fuel, everything will then change. This is way more complex than everyone makes it. This is not free stuff (HHO). HHO takes HP to make. You are only going to get a limited benefit off a limited amount of HHO, it is not unlimited. The returns start to diminish the more you try to make. Not to discourage anyone but you need to make what we have work. Make an efficient reactor and go from there. Look for the sweet spot for your engine/alternator. Keep it simple and safe.
    ummm no... i find that most hho folks throw out all kinds of theories about car engines that are just flat wrong, and it's mainly because they just don't know. they tend not to be car guys. so i'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never done any dyno tuning. it's quite easy to get the ecu to change all kinds of parameters throughout the entire rpm range. tuners do it all the time. hell in ford's new tivct motors you can change the valve train timing up to 60 degrees anywhere you choose in the rpm range with nothing more than a laptop.

anyway back on topic the original poster is correct. linking the hho generator's pwm to the ecu is the next evolutionary step in hho generator contol. with out that link the hho generator will never be efficient enough to see a benefit across the entire range of rpm. the only issue is going to be the throttle position sensor itself. some of them are analog and can report any position from 0 - 100 %. some like the mazda miata have three positions idle/not idle/wot. and in drivee by wire cars like the corvette it gets even trickier since your right foot may be at 75% throttle but the computer is only at 50%. so i think your best may be not be the idle position sensor but the map or maf sensor. base your hydroxy production on how much air flow the engine is demanding.
    hang loose,

charlie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]