Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Design being played with

dennis13030 Guest
    Maybe a little. Current will still take the path of least resistance. I would think that very little current(if any) would bypass the neutral plate(s).

Dewayne Guest
    I think you would need a PWM to keep the bubbles from collecting in the holes.

c02cutter Guest
    I'll play with it tonight. I think I'll start out with a +NN-NN+NN-NN+ configuration but stacked till there are 10 N used. I cut 10 to be isolated as N to start for playing around. I will use the old design of solid disc's for the anodes and cathodes as I have a few of those on hand without having to cut anything on the machine. Then just some low amp tests as my small bench supply will push 12 amps, but I like to keep it below 8 amps. As I have said there is a really limited supply of this material at my shop, also I found out that the company that produced this micro screen is now outta business with also the customer that we did jobs for that used this material. Sucks if the stuff works really good, but thats the breaks of playing.

clarence1984 Guest

come on

come on the cell is all about surface area bob boyce proved this already why are people still miles behind him. We should all be on the same track here instead of the doper in the back seat of the class passing notes about what happened last year.

With this being said.

If we are going to use ss how do we get more stainless steel in the same area? Any ideas? It's called sintering. Micro particles welded together by heat or electricity to form one mass. They use these in cleanable filters in industry already. Remember were not working on a layer that can be seen by your eye it's electroscopic meaning we have to tend to the smaller reactions of the cell.

Sintered plates would be the only benefit of using ss for a cell. I have talked to hundred of manufacturers but as I don't live in the contiguous united states I'm unable to have anything shipped to me (retarded i know) but as you guys are down there in the regular lower 48 you can try this. You will increase surface area by 300 percent by using sintered stainless plates.

By using perforated plates you cause current leakage and reduce the surface area why would you want to reduce the area that the electrochemical reaction can occur?

I don't want to sound mean here but people please use google

it's www.google.com bob boyce isn't a genius just a do-er.

My thoughts on Stanley meyers too (i just need to get this out) i think he was on a good road to finding out something however he died before he was able to. What happened to the supposed car? By the way has anyone looked at the fact that he was sued by many people that loaned him money for his studies when he failed to produce anything with the money they gave him he was charged with this in a court and the jury found him guilty and he was fined to pay back all there money. He simply borrowed from the wrong guy and got plugged. He was a two faced smart guy. Sure he did some good things for this all but on the other hand he left his investors on a limb never communicated and pissed off alot of people. So for all those stanley lovers you make me angry for praising him. Simply takes some of his patents which are not all used to make a water powered car. Do what you must and take it for a grain of salt. If you noticed by trying these patents they don't really do crap to facilitate a car that only runs on water. Because Faraday was the real genius in saying that you can't get out more than you put in.

Here's a tip from someone who's designed this whole thing on paper already. If you can't get more than you put in from one source.... that's all i'm going to say.

HomeGrown Guest
    That preforated ss should have a lot more available surface area than the solid plates.

/\ /\ states obvious /\ /\

c02cutter Guest
    I did some testing and took video, but as I had to go into work I left my patch cable for the camcorder at work. I mixed fresh electrolyte for the first test using NaOH that I forgot I had from some anodizing I had been doing. First I ran my old (+-+-+-+-+-+-+-) cell. This cell draws a pile more current with a lot less electrolyte. Had to keep watering down the mix till on my bench power supply till it was drawing about 6 amps @ 13.5v. Production was decent, though not outstanding but what I am use to with this design.

The next test was set up as (+NNNNN-NNNNN+) and again had to adjust the electrolyte for 6 amps @ 13.5 volts. This cell took a much stronger electrolyte to operate at the designated voltage and amps. Production, though not measured was again decent, but still not what expected.

The configuration that I said in an earlier post was my best producer. It is set up as (+NN-NN+NN-NN+) I didn't add the next set of ā€œNā€ plates as I was at work and didn't have all the parts available to me while baby sitting the wiring guys. The electrolyte is the same mix as the similar smack cell and @ 13.5v cold was drawing 6.5 amps. Once the cell started to warm up the amperage came up to 11 amps @ 13.5v. And the production pours out. I make no claims as to true production volume as I have not measured it with a flow meter. I have one, but not ready to hook it up to do a measurement. Currently the cell has been running for over an hour, I have kick backed the voltage to 9v, the amperage is at 7amp and it is steadily producing with a temperature of 124 deg F. I will take a sample of the electrolyte and have an accurate test done to see where my electrolyte is actually at % wise. Tomorrow I will use KOH and see if the same results come from the same cells.

Another note here is I also hooked the cell up as (-NN+NN-NN+NN-) by just reversing the polarity and it drew the same amps but noticed that in this cell configuration that production is more consistent over the whole cell.

Will post video tomorrow,

c02cutter Guest
    Well i have to wait till I get to the house to post video now, my camcorder won't work with vista. That will be the third device I have had issues with on this new laptop.

kajreklaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by c02cutter View Post
    Well i have to wait till I get to the house to post video now, my camcorder won't work with vista. That will be the third device I have had issues with on this new laptop.
    I have downgraded my users to xp/sp3... they can't stand the memory hog and lack of device support! good luck, let us know where to watch your video!

c02cutter Guest
    I am having nothing but issues with the camcorder. I hadn't used it in over a year, now am also having issues getting the vid out with my xp machine. So I bought a new one that should arrive by the end of the week. Will redo the same process I did before for the video footage. The old one is going to be ebay fodder...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by clarence1984 View Post
    come on the cell is all about surface area bob boyce proved this already why are people still miles behind him. We should all be on the same track here instead of the doper in the back seat of the class passing notes about what happened last year.

With this being said.

If we are going to use ss how do we get more stainless steel in the same area? Any ideas? It's called sintering. Micro particles welded together by heat or electricity to form one mass. They use these in cleanable filters in industry already. Remember were not working on a layer that can be seen by your eye it's electroscopic meaning we have to tend to the smaller reactions of the cell.

Sintered plates would be the only benefit of using ss for a cell. I have talked to hundred of manufacturers but as I don't live in the contiguous united states I'm unable to have anything shipped to me (retarded i know) but as you guys are down there in the regular lower 48 you can try this. You will increase surface area by 300 percent by using sintered stainless plates.

By using perforated plates you cause current leakage and reduce the surface area why would you want to reduce the area that the electrochemical reaction can occur?

I don't want to sound mean here but people please use google

it's www.google.com bob boyce isn't a genius just a do-er.

My thoughts on Stanley meyers too (i just need to get this out) i think he was on a good road to finding out something however he died before he was able to. What happened to the supposed car? By the way has anyone looked at the fact that he was sued by many people that loaned him money for his studies when he failed to produce anything with the money they gave him he was charged with this in a court and the jury found him guilty and he was fined to pay back all there money. He simply borrowed from the wrong guy and got plugged. He was a two faced smart guy. Sure he did some good things for this all but on the other hand he left his investors on a limb never communicated and pissed off alot of people. So for all those stanley lovers you make me angry for praising him. Simply takes some of his patents which are not all used to make a water powered car. Do what you must and take it for a grain of salt. If you noticed by trying these patents they don't really do crap to facilitate a car that only runs on water. Because Faraday was the real genius in saying that you can't get out more than you put in.

Here's a tip from someone who's designed this whole thing on paper already. If you can't get more than you put in from one source.... that's all i'm going to say.
    Great and logical post.

Sintered SS plates = expensive.

Sand blasted or even chemically photo lithography etched with a fine pattern might be a better way 2go.

BoyntonStu