Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thoughts on this setup for a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by oooohyeah View Post
    I Like the look of that!! I think I'm about to get a bad habit.....tinkering around with HHO. There are just too many options out there and I've read so much info, much of it conflicting, I just want to experiment. and what a good reason not to sell the 4.2L straight six carbourated car i said I would sell when I bought the gas guzzling van
    HHO experimentation is not a 'bad habit'. It's more of a 'time consuming expensive addiction'.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    HHO experimentation is not a 'bad habit'. It's more of a 'time consuming expensive addiction'.
    HHHHAAAA, try convincing the little LADY it isn't a BAD HABIT.... But she DID say she's glad to see me interested in something so enthustically (outside SKYDIVING).
    And Boy, does it EVER get Expensive. and FAST...
    But hey, it's FUN, right... I just wish I could find MORE time to invest in it (let alone MORE $$$)
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    One thing you might want to look at closely is how big the holes are in the cell. Votage leakage is a key element, and bolts through the gasket will contibute to leaks. I've been testing one with this configuration on a 2009 F150 on this truck the result are 35% increase, just installed one on a Turbo Deisel F250 yesterday, from the initial test run of 68 miles it yield 17.6 mpg. The owner claims it only gets 14mpg tops. Will see what it puts out on his regular driving, which is mostly mix. driving.
    The one thing I found I am still on the fence, is the solution mixture. It needs to be very light, the mixture I used on this configuration -NNNNN+ will not work on that cell. That cell is three of them put together. It will consumed amps as high as 38 amps even at 45 degree.
    This is the info I was hoping for. 38amps!!!! I thought it would draw somewhere around 20....thats definitely a bit much for the old alternator. I'm a bit confused about your solution though. Did you start with a high solution, like 28% and find that it needs a weak one to keep the amps down? Thanks so much for your feedback

You can control amperage draw with a PWM. With this, you just dial in the amount you want to draw. With my newest reactor, I'm getting just under 3LPM at 25 amps, so I'm just using brute force for now.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php