Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trucker unit installed

Trucker unit installed

Hello everyone,

Been busy but here's why. The trucker unit I've been working on has been installed on a 2010 International with a Cummins ISX 485.

So far, I had some problems.

First, the PWM's were burning out because the 10" by 10" cell is too large for the small PWM. The PWM is rated at 55 amps but at 50 amps the amps are peaking 100, which will cause PWM failure. Plus at 25% KOH solution, the tempeture raise causes the current of the cell to over power the PWM.

I notice with running a large cell it doesn't seem that efficient at low current, like around 30 amps. This thing can go to 100 amps with no problems. So I'm going to replace the 10x10 cell(2200 sq in. of plate area) with two 6x6 cells. Oh, the 10x10 and the 6x6's all have 13 plates, -nnnnn+nnnnn- configuration. I figure the two 6x6 sixes can put out some good gas at a lower current draw. We will see. This trucker is looking forward to some fuel mileage gains. But with stuff breaking it's making me look like a First class Horse shoe!(Jackass...LOL!)

The enclosure measures 24" wide, 24" tall and 28.5 inches deep(from step)

Now I need some constructive criticism from your part,

Chase

Instead of going to all that trouble why not just get a PWM that will handle the current. Zerofossilfuel sells one and I am sure Shane could make one.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Nice looking install
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Holy Cow! it works a lot better!

Thanks Shane for the PWM

LOL!

thats a great looking build b1jetmech
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Thanks Astro and Helz.

When it works it works good so I'm working out some bugs.

I'm gonna try a it with no PWM and maybe add another neutral giving it 6N's.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenz1955 View Post
    Dear Astrocady,
    can you see more ,with foto attached.
    Best Regards
    Lorenz1955
    Just out of curiosity, why do you have 4 seperate reactors? Why not just build one unit with the same amount of cells? It does look nice though.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

lorenz1955,

You have a nice set up but please start your own thread to talk about your set up and not hi-jack mine.

Chase

Quote Originally Posted by lorenz1955 View Post
    Hi Dear friend,
    i would like to 3D open,but my english,is not so good .
    I am italian engineer,and i speak good , normally Italian,French,German,but i must help myself with italian to english translator (Babylon).(With many wrongs in translation).
    If, for you is not a problem,we try,but forgive my written English...???
    Best R.
    Lorenz1955
    mon Francais n'est pas bon. pardonnez-moi. j'apprends
    je parle francais un peu. je peux traduire
    veuillez ouvrir une nouvelle conversation. ce conersation est pour le systeme de l'autre homme

I told him I can translate french but not that well and also to start a new thread. Rosetta stone really works, lol.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Dear Friends,
    I apologise for the intrusion on this thread.
    Best regards.
    Lorenz1955
    I try to open a new 3D = Nissan 370 Z-HYDRO.