Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So let me get this straight

Talking So let me get this straight

I am really new to the HHO world, so bare with me.
    I have an HHO system installed on my 1997 Honda Accord LX 2.2L. After a week and a half of one flub after another I feel I am actually getting somewhere.
    Now to my questions:
    1) Will an HHO system work for MPG without adding any "ECU fooling" equipment to my car?
    B) Is it possible to have to much vacuum on one of these?

I actually, per suggestion from manufacturer, had to drill holes in my bubbler lid due to the vacuum from my car collapsing it, that was fun. Then the holes were to small and I sucked all the water straight in to my engine in a 40 mile drive. Funny, it looked like I was running on water from my exhaust steaming. Now I have the pressure regulated and still not a single MPG gain, in fact I lost 4 MPG. I unplugged both O2 Sensors, one was already bad, and now my car runs like a scalded dog, but no MPG gains. Also my idle takes about 15 seconds to come down to normal range at a stop, I have a stick.
    Does any of this sound familiar?

Thanks for any input for an HHO NEWB.

Well first i would like to say hello and welcome to the world of hho. To keep this short and to answer your questions.
    1. there may be some instances where you would not have to modify the ECU to get MPG gains but this is very rare. most modern vehicles will need some sort of modification anywhere from O2 extenders(dont really recommend) to an EFIE to an AFC(air flow converter) and there is even a MAF/MAP modification. But in the end you will more than likely need to modify the signal to the ECU. And yes your mileage will most likely decrease unless you modify the signal.
    2. As far as vacuum goes i think you answered your own question when you said that you sucked up the e-lyte into your engine. So yes you can have too much vacuum. But it looks like you solved that problem by venting the system.
    Good luck and happy tuning.

You'll need an O2 EFIE at least to see any gains. Since your car has a mechanical distributor (you're lucky), you'll need to retard the timing somewhat to allow for the faster burn.
    As far as the vacuum is concerned, it shouldn't be hooked up there. The connection should be in the air intake between the air filter & the throttle body.
    You mentioned the bubbler 'lid' collapsing & the manufacturer telling you to drill holes in it. I'm almost afraid to ask what kind of reactor you have. It sounds like one of those bogus ones that uses baking soda and wire spirals.
    Before doing anything, let us know exactly what type of 'system' you have.

Lee
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Good points Lee. Definitely need more info on the system so you can get the right advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    you'll need to retard the timing somewhat to allow for the faster burn.Lee
    Ow Jeez Lee, Now you've gone an said it, Now your gonna have Sarah Palin on your butt!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Andy,
    I mean retard as in timing degrees, not like you, ya window licker!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

andy,
    i mean retard as in timing degrees, not like you, ya window licker!
    That's cuz I'm Thpecial!
    dee dee dee!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

Andy,
    I broke down today and bought a sheet of EPDM for my 6x9 reactor.
    Hopefully, it won't leak anymore. It's also thinner than the curtain material I was using.
    May shoot me over 3LPM, but then I'll just have to use my PWM.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

Andy,
    I broke down today and bought a sheet of EPDM for my 6x9 reactor.
    Hopefully, it won't leak anymore. It's also thinner than the curtain material I was using.
    May shoot me over 3LPM, but then I'll just have to use my PWM.
    That stuff works great, I left my cell on overnight on the bench with my battery charger hooked up to the battery. It ran for 15 hours straight w/o any leaks whatsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

Mine never leaked while running. It was always after sitting overnight. If it doesn't work right, you owe me $10.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

Mine never leaked while running. It was always after sitting overnight. If it doesn't work right, you owe me $10.
    Nope, if it leaks it will prove your inferior reactor building abilities mon, and you should import one or those 300mpg units from "Professor Efficiency"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac