Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: __new idea for no hole dry cell__

__new idea for no hole dry cell__

after reading one of your post i woke up in the morning and got this idea what do yo guys think? about this design there is no hole in the plates water goes in from one side and out on the other side everything is in the plastic container and barb fittings are on opposite sides.Space between plates and the sides are filled with gasket material. I attached some pictures below.

These work pretty well. Moggywan used to build them. ZFF might still, but I think he's moved on also.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

so this design is not too good? i watch videos but their design is like dry cell with exposes plates my are totally cover around with plastic box

These work. The only problem is making it seal 100%, and there is no way to clean them.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

hey guys, the ends of the plates are open to a common pool of water. That equals current leakage.

CURRENT LEAKAGE IS CURRENT LEAKAGE.

so what do you suggest put a plastic or rubber strips on the plate end? or maybe you have different idea? i think design is good it just need more then one head to make it perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by 22350 View Post
    hey guys, the ends of the plates are open to a common pool of water. That equals current leakage.

CURRENT LEAKAGE IS CURRENT LEAKAGE.
    This is true. I've never built one. I've only seen video's of the one's built by Moggy.
    Paul, how's your work coming along? Haven't heard from you & Tim lately over at the Underground.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

that's like a wet dry cell hybrid. I only see disadvantages in design when compared to a "normal" dry cell. The holes in a dry cell leak voltage, but the open ends with do the same, but more so (size of exposure).
    I=V/R so R=V/I and V=I*R
    P=V*I
    (I=Amps, V=volts, P= power in watts, R=resistance in ohms)

If the side walls were thicker you could port them so the HHO and e-lite could come into the spaces inbetween the plates. All edges of the plates could be in plastic slots with one end removeable to assemble and disasemble. Can anybody see this? If the plates had tabs for wire hook up slots could be made in the housing for external conections. Sorry I don't have time for a cad drawing to explain.
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    This is true. I've never built one. I've only seen video's of the one's built by Moggy.
    Paul, how's your work coming along? Haven't heard from you & Tim lately over at the Underground.
    We are doing well. I have finalized the design for the isolated non-circulating unit.

I have also finished designing and ordering the material for the full size circulating 2 cell unit. 9" x 18" plates. If the small unit is any indication, this unit will push an incredible amount of gas.

Regarding linkintiger's design. Isolating the liquid between the plates in a very difficult problem. That is why everyone isn't doing it and the "dry cell" design is so popular.

I hate to say it, but smack has a working version of a dry cell, without current leakage.

For some reason, he isn't making it anymore. He also made the mistake of combining the liquids at one point. That get's you current leakage again. If you didn't do that, this would be a good solution.

Don't use titanium like smack does. If you want to use something, without chromium contamination, go with nickel 200.