Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: scientists find way to make cheap gas from coal

Upscale?

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    please read it again, then again, they did up scale it.
    They do not have a pilot plant up yet. I assume they have moved to a skid sized demonstration unit. There is a huge difference between that and a 100,000 bbl per day plant. There is a long way to go in bringing this to market. Partnering with an oil firm will expedite this to some degree, but, one still needs to be a bit skeptical within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by rustylugnut View Post
    they do not have a pilot plant up yet. I assume they have moved to a skid sized demonstration unit. There is a huge difference between that and a 100,000 bbl per day plant. There is a long way to go in bringing this to market. Partnering with an oil firm will expedite this to some degree, but, one still needs to be a bit skeptical within reason.
    Obama should buy them out, and give the info how to do it to the world for free

There are several parallel methods.

Which one would you buy out? Which one will make it in the market place?

It would be better to have the market decide. Politics is needed to provide the framework for the free market to work - nothing else. Bailouts are the for the desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    Which one would you buy out? Which one will make it in the market place?

It would be better to have the market decide. Politics is needed to provide the framework for the free market to work - nothing else. Bailouts are the for the desperate.
    Oh, like the screwed up health insurance industry who want more and more,

that don't work in a free market because of greed, and this if left to the free

market will end up just like MIT, with there HHO breakthrough bought out and killed

Wow, HHO_Blaster, I can't tell if you were joking about the "Obama should buy them out" statement. Was that serious? You do realize that WE would be buying them out, right? Actually, sorry - CHINA would be buying them out as this whole Trillion $$$ deficit situation that is going on right now, is funded by others like China(the primary buyer of US debt). Dude, that whole mindset of state takeover of private enterprise is what lead to communist Russia. Obama may share a tid bit in common with the marxist ideology, but that isn't a road we should go down... We've gone far enough, and I hope to god people keep waking the F up to this nonsense.

BTW, I had some surgery done and I'm all kinds of doped up on Vicodin. It's nice, but if you've ever had morphine for something, you could probably have sympathy for heroine addicts. That stuff is mind blowingly wonderful. Excuse me if I'm not making sense. That's what luuuuuv does to you. Damn this is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    Wow, HHO_Blaster, I can't tell if you were joking about the "Obama should buy them out" statement. Was that serious? You do realize that WE would be buying them out, right? Actually, sorry - CHINA would be buying them out as this whole Trillion $$$ deficit situation that is going on right now, is funded by others like China(the primary buyer of US debt). Dude, that whole mindset of state takeover of private enterprise is what lead to communist Russia. Obama may share a tid bit in common with the marxist ideology, but that isn't a road we should go down... We've gone far enough, and I hope to god people keep waking the F up to this nonsense.

BTW, I had some surgery done and I'm all kinds of doped up on Vicodin. It's nice, but if you've ever had morphine for something, you could probably have sympathy for heroine addicts. That stuff is mind blowingly wonderful. Excuse me if I'm not making sense. That's what luuuuuv does to you. Damn this is good.
    Been there from pain, kidney, gallstone hip replacement thank God i have Medicare or i would be living on the street

Our country needs heath care reform, bad

Sure leave everything to the free market, so there greed will kill the little guy

?

Oh, like the screwed up health insurance industry who want more and more,

that don't work in a free market because of greed, and this if left to the free

market will end up just like MIT, with there HHO breakthrough bought out and killed
    If you are using the mess in the health care industry as an allegorical parallel to the energy industry, make your point and stay on topic. If you are not, then you are taking a tangent in the discussion. Start another thread on insurance reform if you please.

As to the MIT breakthrough, it was not in HHO. If you are referring to the MIT plasmatron, it produced something akin to town gas through partial oxidation of the fuel stream aided by the hi energy radicals of a low temperature plasma generator. It was not "bought out and shelved". The patent rights were purchased by Arvin Meritor, if memory serves me right. The device is being tested and improved and will probably see the light of day on large heavy diesels to help them pass the stringent emission requirements that are upon us. Smaller, more compact and cost effective units will see use in passenger cars at a later date.

Many seemingly wonderful inventions never make it to market because of the simplest things. A government cover up is never a simple thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    If you are using the mess in the health care industry as an allegorical parallel to the energy industry, make your point and stay on topic. If you are not, then you are taking a tangent in the discussion. Start another thread on insurance reform if you please.

As to the MIT breakthrough, it was not in HHO. If you are referring to the MIT plasmatron, it produced something akin to town gas through partial oxidation of the fuel stream aided by the hi energy radicals of a low temperature plasma generator. It was not "bought out and shelved". The patent rights were purchased by Arvin Meritor, if memory serves me right. The device is being tested and improved and will probably see the light of day on large heavy diesels to help them pass the stringent emission requirements that are upon us. Smaller, more compact and cost effective units will see use in passenger cars at a later date.

Many seemingly wonderful inventions never make it to market because of the simplest things. A government cover up is never a simple thing.
    Of course the MIT BREAKTHROUGH WAS ON HHO, IT SPLIT WATER DID IT NOT????

MIT breakthrough

Of course the MIT BREAKTHROUGH WAS ON HHO, IT SPLIT WATER DID IT NOT????
    If we are speaking of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's work on fuel reformation via low temperature plasma and partial oxidation, then, NO it does not split water. It is not HHO.

True it was not hho as we know it... it is more of a fuel reformer. by passing a stream of vaporized feedstock through a plasma arc a hydrogen rich gas is produced, some call it syngas very similar to town gas. Almost any hydrocarbon fuel mixed with water will work. Used motor oil, deisel, gasoline, ethanol,methanol ect.. Its not a perfectly clean technology as some c02 is a byproduct. the advantages are carbon monoxide and N0x are almost zero. It runs at a much cooler temperature than traditional fuel reformers and produces many times the amount of hydrogen at a fraction of the power compared with electrolysis. Personally, I truely believe consumers will never see this technology.