Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: scientists find way to make cheap gas from coal

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    Wow Blaster, it is clear you will hear only what you desire to hear and see what you want to see.

China is ALREADY using various coal to liquid technologies! There is nothing that the Arabs can do about that.

South Africa has been using advanced versions of the Fisher-Tropsch process for decades. The Arabs can do nothing about that.

Canada is our number one oil supplier mainly from the Tar Sand deposits they hold in abundance and are developing ever cleaner and more efficient methods to extract the oil. There is absolutely nothing the Arabs can do about that.

Someday soon the Arab nations will run out of oil. There is nothing the Arabs can do about that - except invest in their future! Many Arab countries are buying and developing and deploying alternative energy technologies because they know full well, that is going to be the future.

I have several colleagues who work with bio-tech firms developing the oil from algae approach to our fuel needs. The technology is promising, but with many hurdles yet to cross. They are only one of dozens of teams working this technological slant. They have not been threatened or killed by ninjas. They are sure the process will someday be viable.

Along with their work will be literally dozens of effective processes to bridge us to the next energy revolution - nuclear fusion.

And there is nothing the Arabs can do about that.
    Algae is the best way, i wish it could become what we did in the 60's to the space race, we would be there already

Or like when the Japs blew up our navel we built a new one in 10 months

OUR COUNTRY, AND THE WORLD NEEDS CHEAP FUEL

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    HHO_BLASTER, my dad worked for Shell Oil for over 25 years. He's an engineer. He's a good man. You need to remember that oil companies are made up of many, many, many, good, hard working people that have a moral compass, just like most companies. When you say "Big Oil probably bought out the patents", it sure sounds like you are implying there is a massive conspiracy at work with the goal of supressing the little guy, and keeping the little guy down, just for the sake of keeping the little guy down. That's victim mentality. It's stupid.

The idea that they are doing this for profit, on the other hand, isn't AS stupid, but it's still pretty dumb. Assuming they have the patent on this ground breaking technology, it would be MORE profitable to capitalize on it, move towards being the sole provider of the technology, and gain "green PR points" in the process. It's a totally win-win situation for "Big Oil" to create a monopoly on the technology. However, in your world, they drop billions in capital to "buy out" this technology, just to throw it in the trash can so that they can stay in the less profitable oil business... Right.

Remember, it takes ---HUGE--- amounts of money to get that oil out of the ground. It's not a cheap business. You have HUGE amounts of skilled labor to pay, and project planning to do. I know this forum is devoted to the advancement of HHO useage, but I'm sick and tired of people bad mouthing the oil companies for providing a CHEAP(yes, I said cheap when you look at profit vs. costs ratio in the business) product to you. If you want to blame someone for your high fuel prices, blame OPEC and the jacka$$ speculators trying to make a buck off of oil futures.

As for your whole insurance industry garbage... It's lunacy. Insurance industry profit margins are < 10%. Think about what that means(verify it, too!)... That means that even if you took insurance companies profits COMPLETELY out of your medical costs, that's still 90% of $5,000 cost for a broken leg... But I guess you'd be ok with paying the $4,500 for a broken leg... That's not where the huge costs are, BUT like most people that soak up the politicians scapegoat non-sense, you don't realize that the HUGE majority of costs are in the other form of insurance.... i.e. medical malpractice insurance. I was talking to my doctor a few months back and in the chitchat, he mentioned that over 50% of his operating costs go to his liability insurance. Everytime you go the to doctor, you're giving half your money to some jacka$$ trial lawyer by proxy of the insurance claims when someone sues for an owwwey on their toe following "medical negligance". You're right - we need reform, but NOT the kind of useless, political point scoring, crap that Obama and his media keep pushing. We need tort reform ASAP.

Anyway, sorry to hijack that thread for a bit, RustyLugNut.
    I can SEE were you tune in every night FOX FIXED NEWS

Medical liability insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    I can SEE were you tune in every night FOX FIXED NEWS
    Phil is absolutely right about the cost of medicine in this country. You don't need to listen to Fox news to realize this. A great portion of our patient monies goes to cover the Physicians insurance.

My cousin, a physician, saw this very clearly as he started his own practice. A few years later, he saw where all the money was going and became a lawyer specializing in medical malpractice. He is making more money now than when he was a physician. This is first hand support of what Phil indicated in his post.

But, let's get back on track with this thread.

What our country needs is a combination of things that will allow ourselves to be free of foreign oil. We import roughly 40-50% of our oil. The bulk coming from Canada. But, Saudi Arabia is still a major source. If we could find technology that covers the output of Saudi Arabia's imports, we could wean ourselves from their influence. If we could reduce fuel use at it's source via HHO devices for example, these alternative sources do not have to bridge the entire import volume.

Increased domestic sources such as the Oil from Texas Coal Idea, coupled with vehicles that use considerably less fuel, will mean greater stability of prices as well as greater national security.

Or like when the Japs blew up our navel . . .

I'm sorry to get off track but your miss-type was just too funny - I'm still laughing. My navel has not been the same after the attack. They missed my wife's because her bellybutton is as cute as ever!

Keep this thread rolling Blaster!

FOR THE RECORD: I don't have Cable TV. Hell, I don't even have a TV. It's a total waste of time IMO. I rarely watch Fox or any of the major media outlets for that matter. I read the news from various sources online, and do my own research and verifying. However, I think it's funny that so many people climb all over Fox News. Out of all the mainstream media outlets, ONE has a conservative leaning viewpoint, and liberals yell and scream calling it everything under the sun. There are about 10 mainstream media outlets, and 9 of those have a pretty blatent liberal bias, vs. 1 conservative bias. Talk about tolerance for other perspectives...

However, I'm not sure where in my rant you got the idea that I'm some kind of mindless sheep and "tune in every night to Fox Fixed News"... I stated what my own personal physician has said, and what I gathered from the statistics that I've found. If you have total disregard for the facts, I think I know where YOU tune in every night, Blaster.............

Movie trailer.

Here is a link to a movie trailer that is very pertinent to what we are discussing here.

http://www.oilcrashmovie.com/

I hope that works.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    I'm sorry to get off track but your miss-type was just too funny - I'm still laughing. My navel has not been the same after the attack. They missed my wife's because her bellybutton is as cute as ever!

Keep this thread rolling Blaster!
    Fox is fixed

FOR THE RECORD: I don't have Cable TV. Hell, I don't even have a TV. It's a total waste of time IMO. I rarely watch Fox or any of the major media outlets for that matter. I read the news from various sources online, and do my own research and verifying. However, I think it's funny that so many people climb all over Fox News. Out of all the mainstream media outlets, ONE has a conservative leaning viewpoint, and liberals yell and scream calling it everything under the sun. There are about 10 mainstream media outlets, and 9 of those have a pretty blatent liberal bias, vs. 1 conservative bias. Talk about tolerance for other perspectives...

However, I'm not sure where in my rant you got the idea that I'm some kind of mindless sheep and "tune in every night to Fox Fixed News"... I stated what my own personal physician has said, and what I gathered from the statistics that I've found. If you have total disregard for the facts, I think I know where YOU tune in every night, Blaster.............
    For sure, not fox, and for the record only MSNBC IS A LIB CHANNEL THE REST LEAN TO THE RIGHT

AND THE BIG ASS ON FIX NEWS IS GLENN BECK, THE RETARDED

You.... bastar...d...... We may have different viewpoints of the world, and that's ok... But using all caps for more than two words, and lack of punctuation is just unforgiveable. Blaster, you're now in the Richard pile in my book. This conversation is over. LOL j/k.

You.... bastar...d...... We may have different viewpoints of the world, and that's ok... But using all caps for more than two words, and lack of punctuation is just unforgiveable. Blaster, you're now in the Richard pile in my book. This conversation is over. LOL j/k.
    I won't lose sleep over it