Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The bloom box

I understand the basic concept of a fuel cell.
    The Bloom Box is kind of like an industrial-sized refrigerator, that sucks up oxygen on one side and fuel (natural gas, biomass, etc) on the other. Reports say that Bloom Energy bakes sand and cuts it into little squares that are turned into a ceramic, which are then coated with green and black “inks.” Using a special process Bloom Energy creates these ceramic discs and stacks them together interspersed with metal plates of “a cheap metal alloy.” The bigger the stack the more power the Bloom Box will create.
    what I dont understand is why the cataylsist and proton exchange membrane dosen't get poisioned from the carbon. Sure the silica/ceramic plates can withstand the 1000 degree temperatures and reforms the feedstock into H2 rich gas but during startup before it gets up to temperature how do they solve that problem? I'm thinking the plates are screen printed with a platinum, rutheum type dye?

look up there patent

Does anyone know, what is the byproduct of this energy making/converting process?

They talk in general as to they save money and resources. But how much saving in percentages are they talking?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    About $.09 a kwh when powered with NG, which is what power here in NC cost.... So no savings here. I beleive in CA the price is $.15 - $.21 a kwh....

The big thing with Bloom is it can run on just about anything..... Will there be one in every house in 10 years.... no (I do not see the cost dropping below $1500 per KW). But what I do see is substations with larger units providing power to communities.... in 20+ years.
    I disagree with you 100%, i see it happening because we have the right person in the the White House now!

Plus if Google went for it, it will happen i can see a huge market for it.

The USA HAS A LOT OF NATURAL GAS, I CAN SEE SMALL TOWNS

MAKING THERE OWN POWER CHEAPER, AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A FUEL SOURCE

Quote Originally Posted by shane jackson View Post
    drop the political bull$hit. Obama is no different than mccain or bush. Dont even go there.

"i can see small towns making there own power cheaper"

that is basicly what i said:

"substations with larger units providing power to communities"
    sorry but obama, is not tied to big oil like the gop is

http://my.democrats.org/page/content/exxon-mccain/

If you voted for OLD MAN, AND CRAZY WOMAN YOUR $%#@& NUTS

Chill Blaster. Everyone chill.

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    http://my.democrats.org/page/content/exxon-mccain/

If you voted for OLD MAN, AND CRAZY WOMAN YOUR $%#@& NUTS
    I am religious. I am political. And I am certifiably crazy as my wife will attest. And I voted for the man in office, and root for the success of my country no matter who is in office. And I root for the success of humanity. But, I will not shove these personal beliefs down another persons throat. It is disruptive and unproductive. I don't allow it in my business, or personal life or public discourse.

I do the work that is set before me because that is my responsibility. I will not be distracted.

Blaster, you and your ilk are poor workmen in our goal to produce a workable HHO device and to find where it fits in the grand scheme of things - because you get distracted by petty issues. You think they are important, but really, they are so only in your mind, because the world doesn't follow suit and yet runs just fine. Yes, there are socio-political issues that warrant work, but not on these forums where the work is narrow and clear - use HHO or anything we can devise to reduce our personal use of oil and hopefully extend that to the rest of the world.

Your arrogance is becoming odorous.

Get over it people!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    I am religious. I am political. And I am certifiably crazy as my wife will attest. And I voted for the man in office, and root for the success of my country no matter who is in office. And I root for the success of humanity. But, I will not shove these personal beliefs down another persons throat. It is disruptive and unproductive. I don't allow it in my business, or personal life or public discourse.

I do the work that is set before me because that is my responsibility. I will not be distracted.

Blaster, you and your ilk are poor workmen in our goal to produce a workable HHO device and to find where it fits in the grand scheme of things - because you get distracted by petty issues. You think they are important, but really, they are so only in your mind, because the world doesn't follow suit and yet runs just fine. Yes, there are socio-political issues that warrant work, but not on these forums where the work is narrow and clear - use HHO or anything we can devise to reduce our personal use of oil and hopefully extend that to the rest of the world.

Your arrogance is becoming odorous.

Get over it people!
    I make a great Generator but HHO does not give me enough to make a difference in the truck

i built the same one STU made, in fact i cut the plates for him, check out STU's HHO videos

Good, stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by HHO BLASTER View Post
    I make a great Generator but HHO does not give me enough to make a difference in the truck

i built the same one STU made, in fact i cut the plates for him, check out STU's HHO videos
    If your generator is good, all you need is to make it work in your vehicle. That is my problem with all the experimenting on this forum - no concerted understanding on HOW it works so that we can move to the making it work. I skim these forums to glean tidbits of experience that can prove valuable, but I see a lot of wasted repetition of work that already has proven itself or is a dead end.

But maybe I am just wasting my time here since this is an "open forum" where everyone is an avowed expert at HHO (seemingly).

What do we already know?

Dry cells with nickel alloy electrodes in a KOH electrolyte give us the basis for an efficient and reproducible generator.

We can control current, and thus production of HHO by electronic means that several members are pursuing.

We know how to size the generator and the developing electronics for any situation short of the "running my car on pure HHO generated on board".

The biggest shortfall of these forums is the lack of knowledge concerning the application of HHO in augmenting our vehicle's fuel systems. To be sure people are fooling with EFIEs, O2 extenders, MAP and MAF sensors, and yet, the results are all over the place because we don't know why these modifications work at times, and fail in others.

This thread is supposed to be news about fuel cell technology, but there needs to be a way to make our efforts more concerted and less diffused.

The first item to tackle is why HHO works. And not just the sweeping statements of "it improves combustion", or "it accelerates combustion", or "it makes combustion more efficient". Multi-processing this question first allows us to move on to a broader understanding and allows us to apply the technology more broadly.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    If your generator is good, all you need is to make it work in your vehicle. That is my problem with all the experimenting on this forum - no concerted understanding on HOW it works so that we can move to the making it work. I skim these forums to glean tidbits of experience that can prove valuable, but I see a lot of wasted repetition of work that already has proven itself or is a dead end.

But maybe I am just wasting my time here since this is an "open forum" where everyone is an avowed expert at HHO (seemingly).

What do we already know?

Dry cells with nickel alloy electrodes in a KOH electrolyte give us the basis for an efficient and reproducible generator.

We can control current, and thus production of HHO by electronic means that several members are pursuing.

We know how to size the generator and the developing electronics for any situation short of the "running my car on pure HHO generated on board".

The biggest shortfall of these forums is the lack of knowledge concerning the application of HHO in augmenting our vehicle's fuel systems. To be sure people are fooling with EFIEs, O2 extenders, MAP and MAF sensors, and yet, the results are all over the place because we don't know why these modifications work at times, and fail in others.

This thread is supposed to be news about fuel cell technology, but there needs to be a way to make our efforts more concerted and less diffused.

The first item to tackle is why HHO works. And not just the sweeping statements of "it improves combustion", or "it accelerates combustion", or "it makes combustion more efficient". Multi-processing this question first allows us to move on to a broader understanding and allows us to apply the technology more broadly.
    I gave up on seeing it work in the engine, Larry has put more time and money

into HHO then anyone i know, and you can ask him how he feels