Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's wrong

what's wrong

my dry cell setup 6x6 ss plates +nnnn-nnnn+ i connected straight to the car battery engine running and i connected analog amp meter on negative cable but for some reason it show only 5 amp on the meter and i am getting small amount of gas production. any idea?

whats your KOH mixture
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

i use 4 table spoons per 1/2 gallon of baking soda because i dont want to use KOH with my luck is to dangerous i dont want to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by linkintiger View Post
    i use 4 table spoons per 1/2 gallon of baking soda because i dont want to use KOH with my luck is to dangerous i dont want to risk it.

Use the KOH Link!

It's not dangerous...unless you get thirsty or decide to use it as eyewash.
    I make my mix (28%) roughly 2Lbs of KOH to 3/4 gal of water.
    Use goggles & gloves (little cuticle cuts burn if you get KOH mix on them). The initial mix will get warm while you are mixing it then cool down. If you live in a cold area this is best as it will not freeze. But you will have to use a PWM (highly recommended). If not then start low and add until you reach your desired amp draw

I'm sure I speak for every one here who has been doing this awhile, put the baking soda back in the fridge and get yourself some KOH!
    Here's a link.

http://www.essentialdepot.com/servle...droxide/Detail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

The only ones that use baking soda are the guys that have those 'Water for Gas" makebelieve reactors or other such nonsense.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    The only ones that use baking soda are the guys that have those 'Water for Gas" makebelieve reactors or other such nonsense.
    LEE WAZZUP? How's the gaskets holding up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

Andy,
    If you were where you're supposed to be, you'd know what's up!
    Gaskets are fine. The 6x9 pulls 60 amps cold @ at least 5LPM.
    Nick sounds really excited about it. If you'd go there, ya might find out more

I hate all this fu**in' snow!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Andy,
    If you were where you're supposed to be, you'd know what's up!
    Gaskets are fine. The 6x9 pulls 60 amps cold @ at least 5LPM.
    Nick sounds really excited about it. If you'd go there, ya might find out more

I hate all this fu**in' snow!
    Think I'll check it out!
    We now return you to the original thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

2lbs of KOH per 3/4 gallon that's a lot of koh and after the dry cell use all that mixture what you guys do ? add just water or make a new mixture because i pretty sure that dry cell don't change KOH into gas only just water right?

Quote Originally Posted by linkintiger View Post
    2lbs of KOH per 3/4 gallon that's a lot of koh and after the dry cell use all that mixture what you guys do ? add just water or make a new mixture because i pretty sure that dry cell don't change KOH into gas only just water right?
    If you are not exhausting alot of steam the majority of the KOH will remain in the cell. You should only have to add distilled water.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.