Thread: '94 Altima Setup

hamcampro Guest

'94 Altima Setup

At first glimpse of all the HHO products and variations out there I was a little overwhelmed. Regretfully, I purchased the cheapest one I could find on Ebay. Lets just say I could barely get it to bubble, no matter how many amps or electrode I added.

I drive a '94 Altima and am running on 3rd cell. Previous cells we far too small and overheated too easily. The cell is about 15'' by 3'' PVC with stainless steel coil coming up from the bottom (it probably had to do with the size of the previous ones but I would occasionally have a spark in the cell and it would melt my pvc caps). My bubbler does not yet have an adjustable top but i do have small resistors on either side. For now, I have my wires grounded to the engine and hooked up to my batter with a 10amp fuse. Eventually I plan to get a longer wire and feed it through the firewall to the fuse box.

If anyone knows of something easier that would be great but, I couldn't find anything under the hood that wasn't fed power while the engine was off.

The hose is hooked up to the air intake just before reaching the intake manifold with a water catcher in between. I've heard mixed stories about having a second line to the PCV valve. I've seen places that say having a line to the PCV helps with milage and others that say it would just make my car idle high. Does anyone has any advice about the PCV?

So far, that is my setup. I'll get around to putting some pictures up. I haven't done anything with any of my sensors. MAF or O2. Any info on these sensors would be appreciated.

Ronjinsan Guest

Cell Life

Hi Hamcampro

If you are on your third cell you must be a vetran already My question is, why are you still using PVC? Move on.....PVC is a very poor conductor of heat! Grab a coke bottle in the fridge and you will find that its fairly warm but whats in it is cold. The water in your cell has the opposite effect! It tends to keep the heat in. Why dont you use a glass jar until you perfect your kit, at least you can see whats happening and tune it properly. Once you are happy...go and buy some good stuff, like maybe a thick perspex tube or stainless even. Make a good job of it, at least then you dont have to worry about the thing melting down later. Depending on what you want out of the cell you may need to add some active cooling or fine tune the electrolyte etc etc. Get all that right first, then move it to a good housing! I hope you enjoy the forum as we enjoy hearing from you...All the best