Thread: Do you condition your plates before full operation?

Do you condition your plates before full operation?

I wonder how many of us take time to run the cell at 5 amps for 24-48 hours, continuing to flush/filter the electrolyte. From what I understand this process removes particles that can negatively affect electrolysis.

What do you think?

I run mine at .5 amps per sq in. for 48 hours with NaOH.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Koya,
    Most of us will use NaOH only to condition the plates.
    After conditioning is complete, the plates are thoroughly cleaned, reactor is reassembled, and the E/lyte is 28% KOH.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

yea like Lee said. I only condition with NoAH. after I think I have got all the crap leached out of the metal that I can, Ill drain it, flush it and refill with 28% KOH mix. despose of the used E-lyte propperly, as much as I hate to admit it, it does have hex chome in it. not something you want to pour on the ant hills in your yard.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Helz,
    I always dump mine down my well
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Helz,
    I always dump mine down my well
    SSSHHHEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW........
    I thought I was the ONLY one that did this....
    I'll sleep gooder tonight.....
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Is this alright? I condition with NaOh, but then I continue to run with NaOh afterwords...

Of course. If it works, it works. Lots of people use NaOH as their catalyst.
    KOH is better though, but it costs alot more.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0