Thread: Going to State Emissions Test

Going to State Emissions Test

Do you think they would ask you to remove any HHO apparatus you had to test the vehicle's emissions? I have recently had my emissions done anyway so it's not like I need another one, I would just like to see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cessnasoarer172 View Post
    Do you think they would ask you to remove any HHO apparatus you had to test the vehicle's emissions? I have recently had my emissions done anyway so it's not like I need another one, I would just like to see the difference.
    It depends on the state you live in. You don't specify where you're from. I can attest for N.J.
    They will fail you regardless of the fact that your emission test shows your exhaust is pure water vapor with 0 pollutants. Why?? because NJ will say you tampered with the vehicles emission control system.
    NJ is very obtuse in their thinking.
    As far as other states go, it may be different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Andy is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    It depends on the state you live in. You don't specify where you're from. I can attest for N.J.
    They will fail you regardless of the fact that your emission test shows your exhaust is pure water vapor with 0 pollutants. Why?? because NJ will say you tampered with the vehicles emission control system.
    NJ is very obtuse in their thinking.
    As far as other states go, it may be different.
    The vapor system we ran back in 78' on the big Dodge, dropped the emissions below what field equipment could even measure at the time. But, they failed us based on the "tampering" clause. This is in the AQMD controlled California Districts.

Some of our local test centers will run an "evaluation test" to see how a marginal vehicle might fair in the actual test, and to prevent the vehicle from going through the gross polluter song and dance. It costs as low as 35 dollars and as high as 75. The test is not transmitted to the Government, but you do get a print out to help with any diagnostics.