Thread: At startup, pulls huge amps then quickly backs off...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

At startup, pulls huge amps then quickly backs off...

Hello,
    Ever since I have been using my dry cell I have noticed one thing about it. When I go to turn on the PSU the cell will pull about 35 amps for about 1 second then back off to about 17. If I let it sit for 10 minutes it eventually warms up and pulls 30 amps. This is with about 10% NaOh solution. Is it normal for the cell to have a burst of power on startup and then back off? If need be I can record a video of it happening. The bubbler goes crazy for the first second!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverRat View Post
    Hello,
    Ever since I have been using my dry cell I have noticed one thing about it. When I go to turn on the PSU the cell will pull about 35 amps for about 1 second then back off to about 17. If I let it sit for 10 minutes it eventually warms up and pulls 30 amps. This is with about 10% NaOh solution. Is it normal for the cell to have a burst of power on startup and then back off? If need be I can record a video of it happening. The bubbler goes crazy for the first second!
    Thanks
    Your cell is forcing the e-lite back out the intake port. The water level is lowering in the cell. That is for sure your problem. You will need to find a way to keep the cell closer to full.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Thanks,
    do you have any ideas? I will record a video tommorow...

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverRat View Post
    Thanks,
    do you have any ideas? I will record a video tommorow...
    I probably have many ideas. I have tackeled this problem over and over. It is more common than any other problem. I would have to see a video or get more info to be helpful.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Ok, I will shoot a video and post whatever info you require to help me diagnose the problem... Thanks!

It is normal for the current to drop back a little and HHO bubbles don't conduct electricity. But it should only drop to around your 30 amp warmed up draw. I think Larry has identified your problem.
    A pump is the simplest way to address this, cutting larger holes may also do the trick.
    I=V/R so R=V/I and V=I*R
    P=V*I
    (I=Amps, V=volts, P= power in watts, R=resistance in ohms)