Thread: 02 extender and o2 enchancer

Unhappy 02 extender and o2 enchancer

Hello friends, Im about to install o2 extender because my engine lights is on. Im wondering can I and should I use 02 enhancer too? Can an o2 enhancer by it self take away the engine check light? Is soaking in aceton good for cleaning o2 sensor and how long should I soak it for?

Cool

Thanks for info, but I still havn't got the answer should I use o2extender with my o2 enhancer . Yes I will replace with a new o2 sensor and I hope you're right cause them o2 sensor aint cheap. This project is getting pricey and Im trap in it.

Smile

Thanks alot for your info. I guess I wont be needing extender and the o2 sensor will be replace when I get a chances to. You are brilliant.

02 sensors

The o2 sensors are only really expensive if you are getting the plug and play type. If you get the ones you solder in they arent too expensive. Also if your sensors have 80k or more on them odds are you will get a mpg gain just from replacing the sensors. No one has yet to answer your question of cleaning an o2 sensor. I know its not recommended to attempt cleaning but would an acetone or clr bath work?

I have a manuel trans and the engine dies on me on nuetral at idle. I hate that. I think it because the ecu is reading my o2 enhancer and is trying to balance out because its is running lean . So when it does that , it try to riching up the gas mixture. This cause it to be too rich and the engine die at idle speed. Does anyone have the simular problem and knows how to solve it.

I got a 99 vw beetle 2.0 . Im putting out about 3/4 lpm at 13 amps . I use a litter bottle not them phony float meter. A lot of people on ebay claim that the float meter can give them a lmp with 10 amps. They wont dare to use a real litter bottle because they know they wont be able to get that type of claim. Anyways, I know it has to do with the hho, because when I shut it off and run the car for a few hundred mile. The car will reset itself and wont die at idle. But when I turn the hho unit back on, the car will die at idle. So would some one tell me what the hell is going on.

Idle irregularities.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbugs View Post
    I got a 99 vw beetle 2.0 . Im putting out about 3/4 lpm at 13 amps . I use a litter bottle not them phony float meter. A lot of people on ebay claim that the float meter can give them a lmp with 10 amps. They wont dare to use a real litter bottle because they know they wont be able to get that type of claim. Anyways, I know it has to do with the hho, because when I shut it off and run the car for a few hundred mile. The car will reset itself and wont die at idle. But when I turn the hho unit back on, the car will die at idle. So would some one tell me what the hell is going on.
    It is difficult to diagnose problems on the internet. We have to go with what you can give us, and it really isn't as effective as being on site. And, admittedly, HHO is in it's infancy and knowledge of it's application in a broad range of car models is impossible at this point. You will have to bear with us.

My guess, since that is all I can really do, is to blame the timing. If you have enough HHO entering the engine at idle, and you have a relatively fast burn combustion chamber, the addition of HHO could effectively advance heat release beyond the point the engine starts into reversal. It dies before that of course. I have only seen one example of this on an older carburetor equipped car. Manually delaying the ignition timing via movement of the distributor resulted in an increase in idle speed. This is where a variable output controller for your HHO can be useful. With ignition timing left stock, simply increase your HHO into the engine until the point the engine rpm peaks. This will be your minimum setting. You will then have to increase HHO output at higher rpms. This is the goal of several members of this forum who have the electronic backgrounds. You may have to wait on their work for a usable controller.