Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my flashback

my flashback

i just build my own heavy duty flashback arrestor i put two aquarium stones inside the brass pipe sealed with epoxy and i put 2 brass barbs on each side and guess what it SUCKSSSSSSS fire is burning right on he edge of the stone inside the 3/8 barb. Pressure inside the bubbler is going up because the gas have problem with going thru the arrestor .Thinking about using my brass pipe and 2 barb for something better any idea? I am thinking about putting bronze wool inside. Or maybe use some very tide net on each side

Why not just buy a couple? They're like $6 each.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by linkintiger View Post
    i just build my own heavy duty flashback arrestor i put two aquarium stones inside the brass pipe sealed with epoxy and i put 2 brass barbs on each side and guess what it SUCKSSSSSSS fire is burning right on he edge of the stone inside the 3/8 barb. Pressure inside the bubbler is going up because the gas have problem with going thru the arrestor .Thinking about using my brass pipe and 2 barb for something better any idea? I am thinking about putting bronze wool inside. Or maybe use some very tide net on each side
    Link putting bronze wool should do it. I built one out of home depot stuff.

Here's what I used

It will cost you a bit more than the ones HHOConnection recommended.

I have this on the line between the bubbler & the intake port. I do have flashports on my bubblers and check valves as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

what size female hose barb did you use is hard to see on the package picture is it 3/8 x 1/2" or different? i yes you are lucky men i was trying to find those in 4 different stores and i end up ordering in the local pluming supplier

what size female hose barb did you use is hard to see on the package picture is it 3/8 x 1/2" or different? i yes you are lucky men i was trying to find those in 4 different stores and i end up ordering in the local pluming supplier
    All my barbs are 3/8". They are normal Home Depot stock items. The barbs are Watts # A-298, and the the brass threaded pipe is a Watts A-789. I stuffed the pipe with bronze wool. I also used stainless steel (not aluminum) garden water hose screened washers. I cut off the rubber gasket & just used the screen inserted into the barbs. I sealed the barbs to the pipe with Permatex or rector-seal. I really don't like Teflon tape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

I'm going to try and recommend this one last time because I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall about this. EVEN BRONZE WOOL WILL CATCH FIRE AND YOU WILL GET A FLASHBACK! Why waste all your time trying something that has been proven time and time again to fail. The guys at Bruce Energetics have made a very good flashback arrestor for $6.95 each. Buy a couple, put them inline and stop thinking about flashbacks. Again, I have nothing to do with these guys other than thinking that they have a great product at a very good price. I you are that hell-bent on doing everything yourself, buy one and back engineer it to make your own. Who knows maybe you will save 99 cents or so on parts. Hardly worth the time and gas it takes looking for everything you need. Just ask my wife, I am the cheapest guy on the planet and even I bought a couple of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HHO-FLASHBACK-AR...item3a5844e494

Quote Originally Posted by hhoconnection View Post
    I'm going to try and recommend this one last time because I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall about this. EVEN BRONZE WOOL WILL CATCH FIRE AND YOU WILL GET A FLASHBACK! Why waste all your time trying something that has been proven time and time again to fail. The guys at Bruce Energetics have made a very good flashback arrestor for $6.95 each. Buy a couple, put them inline and stop thinking about flashbacks. Again, I have nothing to do with these guys other than thinking that they have a great product at a very good price. I you are that hell-bent on doing everything yourself, buy one and back engineer it to make your own. Who knows maybe you will save 99 cents or so on parts. Hardly worth the time and gas it takes looking for everything you need. Just ask my wife, I am the cheapest guy on the planet and even I bought a couple of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HHO-FLASHBACK-AR...item3a5844e494
    I just got mine the other day. I haven't "Tested" them yet, but they sure look like they're Nice little units. And you're right, at 6.95 each, you almost can't go wrong.
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

hhoconection i really dont wana put a couple flashbacks just one heavy duty

cabrera: do you have a pictures of this screened washers form Home D?

cabrera: do you have a pictures of this screened washers form Home D?
    Sorry I don't, only the pix I posted
    The screens I bought at Taylor's Do it Center but I'm sure you can find it at any lawn & garden center.

In the picture of the parts I posted, it's the package that reads BEST on the right between the Yellow Barb packages & the tube of rector-seal.
    cut off the rubber gasket & just used the screen inserted into the barbs. You can also use stainless steel window screen material. As a footnote, I ordered the ones Mike recommended, he has yet to steer me wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

Andy,
    What do you do with the Rectum-seal?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php