Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about HHO

Questions about HHO

Hallo

I am new here and hope you will be able to answer what might be naive questions.

I have a 2.8 Pajero Turbo Diesel. No O2 sensor.

My first concern is finding a suitable injection point which has to be at a low pressure point, which means before the turbo, but I worry about inputting a volatile gas at this point. Any flash back would be through the intercooler, turbo and trunking. Presumably fitting a venturi closer to the manifold would not be practical.

What sort of gas flow should I be looking for for a 2.8.

Do you get a build up of gas if sitting in traffic for instance.

What sort of current flow should I expect.

Thanks
    Regards

David

Thanks for the reply.

I am unsure about the Enhancer. Did you mean MAF or MAP or are they the same. Not sure how or where these would be wired in on a diesel.
    Regards

David

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    One of the same. I am not familiar with your car spec, most vehicles have a MAF or MAP to govern the airflow except those with carb ICE.
    Thanks

Will have to look around. There is a small pipe coming off the turbo which I assume goes to the injector pump to measure pressure. Haven't traced it through yet - got a cold east wind blowing at the moment and does not encourage going outside

The Pajero is similar to the Shogun or Montero depending on which country - mainly cosmetic differences.
    Regards

David

I have come across a system which I would value an opinion on please, and is it what you would describe as a wet system - not sure on the definition. Dry cells to me have not contained fluid - as in torch batteries etc.

http://www.hydroxy7.co.uk/products-page/full-kits/
    Regards

David

Thanks

Just to clarify. Is the system in the link above classified as a wet system and does anyone have an opinion on it please?
    Regards

David

This unit is a wet cell design. With only 3 bi-polar plates per stack, it's
    not very efficient and its production (1.5LPM) includes lots of steam, not just Hydroxy.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    This unit is a wet cell design. With only 3 bi-polar plates per stack, it's
    not very efficient and its production (1.5LPM) includes lots of steam, not just Hydroxy.
    Thank you for that. Takes while to get my head around this technology.
    Regards

David

OK, that website says it produces 2.2 liters/minute at 13 volts 16 amps. That would mean that it has an MMW of about 11 which is impossible. It is fake and even if it does produce what apears to be that much, the vast majority of it is steam.

Quote Originally Posted by dg2010 View Post
    Thank you for that. Takes while to get my head around this technology.
    I'm right there with ya, guy!

N11634: Great avatar you've got there!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php