Thread: EFIE wiring Help

EFIE wiring Help

Hi all. I have a 2003 dode neon 2.0 liter 4 cylinder. I am trying to wire up my efie today and i am having a little trouble trying to decode the numbers that i am reading. Also the O2 sensor has 4 wires, 2 white 1 grey and 1 black.
    White #1 showing around 100mV at idle and goes down when the engine is revved
    White #2 showing around 6.2 volts at idle and goes up when the engine is revved.
    Grey 2.5 volts constant does not change when revved
    Black I am assuming this is the ground.

So which wire should i add my efie to? I was originally thinking the White#1 as it is the only wire with mV. But i could be wrong. could someone with experience please help. Thanks a bunch

Talking

i have all the ECU diagram for neon, i installed hho systems in 4 of them already with AFC. if you want the diagrams email me

Quote Originally Posted by fastcompacts View Post
    Hi all. I have a 2003 dode neon 2.0 liter 4 cylinder. I am trying to wire up my efie today and i am having a little trouble trying to decode the numbers that i am reading. Also the O2 sensor has 4 wires, 2 white 1 grey and 1 black.
    White #1 showing around 100mV at idle and goes down when the engine is revved
    White #2 showing around 6.2 volts at idle and goes up when the engine is revved.
    Grey 2.5 volts constant does not change when revved
    Black I am assuming this is the ground.

So which wire should i add my efie to? I was originally thinking the White#1 as it is the only wire with mV. But i could be wrong. could someone with experience please help. Thanks a bunch

Both whites are for the heater element.
    Grey is the ground.
    Black is your signal wire.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Both whites are for the heater element.
    Grey is the ground.
    Black is your signal wire.
    Im getting around 2.9-3.2 volts and it fluctuates at both idle and when the rpms go up. So would this be the right wire. I have heard that certain dodge vehicles have higher voltage for the O2 signal wire.

The voltage will constantly change. Using a typical voltmeter, you won't be able to get an accurate reading anyway. The signals are so fast, you need one that will read in nanoseconds, but this isn't needed. Just be sure the pos. from the EFIE goes to the ECM & the neg. goes to the sensor.

Lee
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Efie

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    The voltage will constantly change. Using a typical voltmeter, you won't be able to get an accurate reading anyway. The signals are so fast, you need one that will read in nanoseconds, but this isn't needed. Just be sure the pos. from the EFIE goes to the ECM & the neg. goes to the sensor.

Lee
    The link has the actual Efie that i have. so i currently have 12v+, ground, wire from the O2 sensor, wire to the computer. Just want to make sure that this is the right way that it should be hooked up. You guys have been a great help. thanks so much
    http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/Efi...llDigital.html