Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just the idea

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    The number of posts a person has put up, has nothing to do with their qualification as a poster. There are many erroneous ideas floating around this forum with many members parroting and propagating the errors resulting in the error becoming "gospel". Anyone can declare themselves a "guru" and garner some support from "followers" - and yet be utterly inept in science/technology.
    quite true, but no one is disputing ohm's law, or what MMW stands for, and such topics are filling this forum.
    I=V/R so R=V/I and V=I*R
    P=V*I
    (I=Amps, V=volts, P= power in watts, R=resistance in ohms)

Science and Technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_ View Post
    quite true, but no one is disputing ohm's law, or what MMW stands for, and such topics are filling this forum.
    True. But the application of such basic principles is often skewed or mixed in with anecdotal "proof". How do you filter such posts?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
    True. But the application of such basic principles is often skewed or mixed in with anecdotal "proof". How do you filter such posts?
    How did Wikipedia work out so well? It's just a matter having more people to maintain it, than to make it useless (or worse). I think that it is more likely to be useful here with these members, but it very well could become trash.
    The need i see is primarily for terminology, which should be rather clear cut.
    I=V/R so R=V/I and V=I*R
    P=V*I
    (I=Amps, V=volts, P= power in watts, R=resistance in ohms)