Thread: New Design Without Stainless Steel

justaguy Guest

New Design Without Stainless Steel

Question

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    The guy misstates reality.

KOH is NOT an acid!

KOH is a base.

KOH Is used in your kitchen drain, never in a battery.

Be warned!

BoyntonStu

Many of us have seen these video's and frankly I find them to be borderline BS. If the builder wants me to believe he has some breakthrough technology, then he should be more forthcoming with information. Most of us here are not scientist, but we know enough to make judgments on our own.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

stickittoopec Guest
    They are talking about it here also.
    http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=625

justaguy Guest
    Yeah, I think his website is trying to recruit distributors and dealers at an expensive up front fee more than anything.

Sorry, I didn't see the other post on this subject.

timetowinarace Guest
    I can use tapwater also. But my water contains minerals and thus has a catalyst. I'd like to see what that cell does with distilled water. And so what if the electrodes are not stainless? I've made lots of bubbles with galvanized, aluminum, and others just playing around but we all know what will happen to them over time. The way production is calculated shows the guesswork the design must be using. Wanna mention poor workmanship? The lid didn't have anyway to seal. It was just a slipover cap with a hose connection. If you sealed the lid there is no way to get back inside to add water or clean.

Omega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by timetowinarace View Post
    I can use tapwater also. But my water contains minerals and thus has a catalyst. I'd like to see what that cell does with distilled water. And so what if the electrodes are not stainless? I've made lots of bubbles with galvanized, aluminum, and others just playing around but we all know what will happen to them over time. The way production is calculated shows the guesswork the design must be using. Wanna mention poor workmanship? The lid didn't have anyway to seal. It was just a slipover cap with a hose connection. If you sealed the lid there is no way to get back inside to add water or clean.
    I noticed that there wasn't a seal. He also runs wires into the bottom of the cell. I think that would be a problem over time.

I really would like to know what the electrodes are.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I know what 1 liter/minute looks like. That's not 1 liter/minute. Not even close. How do you measure a bubble to determine that it is 1 ml in volume? Then calculate 4 to 6 liter's minute based on the number of bubbles you get? I'm skeptical. I would, however like to know what his electrodes are made of... Even if he isn't getting high volumes, maybe it's something that we could work with. Graphite???

justaguy Guest
    He sells the electrodes for 35.00. Said the last 3 to 4 months, so if he only uses water , what happens to them?

wljohns Guest

Found this hard to beleive BUT

Went to the shed took down two carbon arrow shafts. Connected power from battery. Immersed in electrolite consisting of 1teaspoon NaoH in 1 gal distilled water. And BAM got production.
    They would NOT arc out of the water and the connections were above water so the shaft HAD to be carrying the power.

Looked on ebay and shafts can be got fairly cheap in smaller sizes.
    But how to attach other than clamps??
    IDEAS?????