Thread: Wet cell Terminals getting too hot

Unhappy Wet cell Terminals getting too hot

Hi I am fairly new here, so any help will be much appreciated. I made a wet cell 11 plates in water filter housing. The housing hold around 750ml of water. The plates are arranged -nnnn+nnnn-. I crossed hatched them well and cleaned them with white vinegar; I added distilled water and 2 tea spoons of NaOH electrolyte, its drawing around 6 amps. I have a PWM attached and also two bubblers.
    It seems to be producing ample HHO but the terminals get really hot and I am sure they will burn a hole in the lid of the housing. I read people use them up to 20 Amps
    learntcm@gmail.com

I don't run wet-cells anymore, but if the wires are getting hot at a mere 6 amps, the wires are too light. With this kind of setup, you should use at least
    8ga.AWG. It would also help to have at least 5 bi-polar plates per stack instead of 4.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

What lhazelton said, and ensure that your connections are really tight. I've seen this in a large power generator where the thing blew the connections and caught fire. A very spectacular and expensive education!