Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted 1/4 4 Inch SS Bolts or All thread

justaguy Guest

Wanted 1/4 4 Inch SS Bolts or All thread

Where can I find 4 inch 1/4 inch bolts with all threads or threaded rod? I have found some on the net but they wanted 10.50 shipping for four 4 inch bolts.

I saw some in Home Depot here locally.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

c02cutter Guest
    Mcmaster Carr supply, they have all thread in 316 stainless.

part # 90575A439

You are lucky Startous, Home Depot, Lowes, and even Ace Hardware out here only carry the zink plated stuff. I have to go to the little guys here in town to get what I need. Its all good though-I like to support the family businesses and you sometimes get better service, too.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    You are lucky Startous, Home Depot, Lowes, and even Ace Hardware out here only carry the zink plated stuff. I have to go to the little guys here in town to get what I need. Its all good though-I like to support the family businesses and you sometimes get better service, too.

That is certainly true. I hate it for the small guys, they have a real problem trying to compete with HD and Lowes.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

Must be lucky!

I was able to get four 5/16" X 36" stainless steal all thread rods from Home Depot. I had to look through practically all they had before I found any though. When I asked for help (before looking for myself) the guy had no clue if they had it or not.
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

I have found a better selection of SS hardware at both Home Depot & Ace. The Lowe's here was extremely limited in SS. Ace IMO is by far the best.
    1998 Ford Ranger 3.0 liter V6
    Modified Smack design installed 6/20/08
    Modest gains of about 1.5 MPG (17.8 to 19.3)
    No sensor controls (yet)

Omega Guest
    I got some 1/4-20 allthread at Tru-Value hardware. They had to special order it, it took two days to arrive. A 3 foot stick was $8.90, not a bargain, but there was no alternative.

c02cutter Guest
    A note to buying hardware that is claimed 304SS. Most 304SS hardware is made from very low grade 304. I have seen first hand Chinese 304SS rust from simple humidity. I recommend purchasing 316SS when it comes to bolts, nuts, all thread, or wire used in your cell as the corrosive resistance is much higher for 316.

If you all want a fantastic site for ordering SS hardware, try MarshFasteners.com. They are fantastic and very well priced.
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.