Thread: Winter is about over in Montana..time to get the HHO on my truck again!

Winter is about over in Montana..time to get the HHO on my truck again!

Hi Everyone!

After having to take my HHO unit off my Toyota pickup for the winter, I've not been on the forums at all...... spring temps are just around the corner (well maybe another month or two for Montana), and I want to get the HHO back on my Toyota pickup. Last year I was running a wet bath unit, and over the winter my thoughts have gone to a dry cell. With everything I have going on this spring, I'm thinking about just purchasing a ready made dry cell, but need your advice/input.

Space is a limitation I have to deal with, so the unit cannot be any larger than 6x6". I've located a good source for small fluid tanks ()http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23334&clickid=redirect
    What I need are some pointers on setting a dry cell up.

1. Do the dry cells have to be set up in a gravity feed configuration, or will they "pump" the fluid by virtue of the cell's function?

2. I've been looking at various dry cells...some have the input/output connections lined up, and others have the input/output at top/bottom (on opposing sides)....what's the difference, and which is better in your opinions?

3. Fluid Connections: I would assume that the input line to the HHO unit should be at the bottom of the tank, with the return from the unit being higher on the tank....and the barb to the bubbler should be in the top of the tank?

With gas hitting $3 per gallon here in Montana (have to run premium in the Toy due to engine mods) I really would like to be able to achieve the 30+mpg that I was getting with my wet cell. OH! The main reason I want to switch is because the container that housed my wet cell (fiberglass electrical enclosure) was left outside over the winter and is now full of cracks.

I've also considered the option of locating a pelican case and using that to house another wet cell unit, but it just seems like the dry cells would be easier to maintain and service.....suggestions?

Many Thanks!
    Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith
    www.caffreyknives.net

My rig is a 1987 Toyota 4x4 Extra cab.....22R/4cyl (carb with NO electronics)

I'm lucking the that I don't have any electronics to deal with. I already have all the wiring and the bubbler set up on the truck (rocker switch on the dash, 30amp relay, etc). About the only changes I had to make were to lean out the carb just a bit, and adjust the timing. The way I input the HHHO is via a copper tube that goes through the bottom of the air cleaner, and then curves so that the end of the tube is pointed into the carb throat..just clearing the butterflies.

I looked at the link...... That outfit seems pretty high priced compared to may I've seen. The overall size of those cells are larger than what I can use...I MIGHT be able to go to something that is 8" on the long axis, but not more than that.

Ideally, I would like to find something like a 6"x6" cell. Anybody else?
    Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith
    www.caffreyknives.net