Thread: 28% vs. 45%

Question 28% vs. 45%

I have a 55 gallon drum of 45% KOH solution that I purchased from a local chemical company. I also have a jar of 45% solution purchased from a local lab. Both are plainly labeled. According to certain members of this board, 28% is the limit, complete saturation, nothing further will dissolve after that point. So what gives? Are we talking different ways of measuring, or measuring two different things?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    I have a 55 gallon drum of 45% KOH solution that I purchased from a local chemical company. I also have a jar of 45% solution purchased from a local lab. Both are plainly labeled. According to certain members of this board, 28% is the limit, complete saturation, nothing further will dissolve after that point. So what gives? Are we talking different ways of measuring, or measuring two different things?
    bumpitybump... Any body?? Hellooooooooo! I say.. Is anyone here? I hope I didn't come at a bad time. My goodness, your breasts ARE remarkable... Did you make them yourself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Per Volume" vs. "Per Moles" vs. "Per Mass" Per-haps?

KOH will dissolve well beyond 28%. I have used 33% many times. The folks at Quantum sphere that make the nano coated plates claim that 33% is ideal. Anything beyond 33% will not affect conductivity enough to overcome the cost.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Why are you even using KOH? That is used in Electrolysis and that at most is only 300% efficient where as Meyers straight tap water was yielding 1,700% efficiency? Many of you people are not getting it? Meyer's did not use electrolysis. That stuff will eat up your WFC and release toxic fumes to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkNo1 View Post
    Why are you even using KOH? That is used in Electrolysis and that at most is only 300% efficient where as Meyers straight tap water was yielding 1,700% efficiency? Many of you people are not getting it? Meyer's did not use electrolysis. That stuff will eat up your WFC and release toxic fumes to boot.
    If and I do mean if Stan's claims are true I would love to see how he did it. There have been many thousands of folks that have tried to duplicate what he did and as of yet no one can. In fact all his equipment, notes and even his dune buggy are still around yet still it is not runniong on water. Something is fishy with the entire story.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

@ Shane- No confusion, I saw it here and in the post I'm referring to there was no mention of NASA efficiency test numbers. I'm not gonna go diggin for it now, but when I read it I thought WTF?? That can't be right...

@ Phil- moot now, but thanks. Was a random curiosity.. Answers were about what I figured..

@HawkNo1- Son, until you replicate Stanley's work and show us all how he got the magic numbers, it remains electrolysis in my book. I'm so tired of hearing Stanley Meyer Bull****. He didn't do anyone any good because the info he left about whatever it was special that he was doing does not lend itself to successful replications. Don't bother wasting your time flaming me for my opinion about it, it's my opinion.. Build something, make it work like he supposedly did, show it to us and video document it with one of the mentors from this board present when you do so, and then I'll believe. Until that time it's scifi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]