Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks Like Maybe This Weekend

Looks Like Maybe This Weekend

OK, If I can get the backyard and garden finished on Saturday, then This bad boy goes in Sunday... Here are the numbers and pictures so far-

21 plate 14"x5" = 2940sq.in. electrolyzer (x4) = 11,760sq.in. wet plate area.

2.2kW available with electronics to vary A & V.

.1887 W/psi = .755 W/per 4 sq.in.

No neutrals- each electrolyzer is wired in parallel and connected to the next one in series to achieve a nominal voltage of 3.4V per unit.

Control and supply cables, Hydroxy hose to intake are all in place. Extra alternator wired in and connected. Positive side fused at 70A, control box finished, 45% KOH ready to be mixed 2:1 with 5gals. distilled water to obtain a 30% electrolyte solution.
    I am goin to try and dial it in over the next two or three weeks, break the plates in in observe temps at different power settings. I'll keep updating this thread as things happen. Hope to have a couple electrical engineers do a 200 mile ride along video showing very clearly and with exposed translucent diesel fuel containers and continuity in video that the thing works like we all know it does. I plan to do a before and after with very accurate measuring of fuel used and as accurate as possible measurement of gas made.
    Here are some photos...

@ Koya- I think your 1999 7.3 is a Turbo'd Powerstroke isn't it? But built before Ford went with the split shot injection routine right? You don't have to deal with any electronics on that year model do you? Just curious, because mine is so old that the most complicated thing on it is the cold start/high idle sensor! I have not yet done an accurate mileage measurement on it, but it seems to get any where between 14-17mpg, depending on my mood

I am shooting for at the very least, 8lpm. I anticipate more, though.
    The system is going to be mounted in the bed of the truck, because it is too big to go anywhere else.

That's an impressive looking setup. It, obviously, took a lot of planning, time and patience to put it together.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this:
    Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    No neutrals- each electrolyzer is wired in parallel and connected to the next one in series to achieve a nominal voltage of 3.4V per unit.
    Each electrolyzer is wired in parallel to the power source and in series with each other at the same time?

Sorry, I'm unable to visualize how this is wired. Maybe a diagram would help.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

IM2L844- here's your diagram...

Koya- Very cool, man. It sounds like we are working on very similar rigs. I have been tossing around the idea of using water/alcohol injection also. Send in some photos so I can see what you are doing!

Thank you very much. Very nice diagram! That made it absolutely clear.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

OK, If I can get the backyard and garden finished on Saturday, then This bad boy goes in Sunday... Here are the numbers and pictures so far-

21 plate 14"x5" = 2940sq.in. electrolyzer (x4) = 11,760sq.in. wet plate area.

2.2kW available with electronics to vary A & V.

.1887 W/psi = .755 W/per 4 sq.in.

Control and supply cables, Hydroxy hose to intake are all in place. Extra alternator wired in and connected. Positive side fused at 70A, control box finished, 45% KOH ready to be mixed 2:1 with 5gals. distilled water to obtain a 30% electrolyte solution.
    I am goin to try and dial it in over the next two or three weeks, break the plates in in observe temps at different power settings. I'll keep updating this thread as things happen. Hope to have a couple electrical engineers do a 200 mile ride along video showing very clearly and with exposed translucent diesel fuel containers and continuity in video that the thing works like we all know it does. I plan to do a before and after with very accurate measuring of fuel used and as accurate as possible measurement of gas made.
    Here are some photos...
    That os one IMPRESSIVE DEVICE. Outstanding work. What are the tanks you are using.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Late start, Easter, company, Blah, blah, blah... I know, y'all don't want to hear it but I did get the units set in place and the control box installed. Like I said, I'll keep this thread updated on any progress I make with it.

@ Larry- Not tanks, just painted 2" sch.40 PVC & caps

Photos from this evening--

Late start, Easter, company, Blah, blah, blah... I know, y'all don't want to hear it but I did get the units set in place and the control box installed. Like I said, I'll keep this thread updated on any progress I make with it.

@ Larry- Not tanks, just painted 2" sch.40 PVC & caps

Photos from this evening--
    My only concern is that your voltage per gap will be too high. With 13.8 volts devided by 4 devices that is over 3 volts per gap. I bet it would make alot of gas.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    My only concern is that your voltage per gap will be too high. With 13.8 volts devided by 4 devices that is over 3 volts per gap. I bet it would make alot of gas.

Larry
    Yeah, you gotta make two more to get you at 2.3 volts, otherwise you will get lots and lots of steam.

Yeah, supposedly with the electronics I have, I can actually dial it down below 12v, but that remains to be seen, along with how much gas it will make.. With .1887 W/psi, or .755 W/per 4 sq.in., I don't know that I have the current density that's probably necessary to make much in the way of steam on this rig, but at the moment it's still speculation. However, please let me say this about steam. I have an iron engine. I don't mean that International builds super engines, I mean that there is no aluminum in it. Anywhere. It will happily ingest any KOH tainted steam (should there actually be any) that makes it past my scrubbing bubblers, and say "thanks pal, you just upped my compression ratio a couple of points."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]