Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks Like Maybe This Weekend

With 68 amps as an example (just because you are limited by your 70 amp fuse), each cell will see ~ 3.4 amps and it looks to me like the total system will produce slightly more than 3 LPM. I hope your AMP/Volt control box works as planned because I think it might to want to draw significantly more amps than that with 3.4 volts per gap.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

IM2L844- Bigger fuses can, and most likely will be purchased. I'm sure the system will be undergoing modifications along the the way, as that is half of the fun! Initially though, I will be working from the standpoint of "easy does it" and constant evaluation...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sweet marry mother of ***. That is an enormous cell. I'm slightly aroused...

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    With 68 amps as an example (just because you are limited by your 70 amp fuse), each cell will see ~ 3.4 amps and it looks to me like the total system will produce slightly more than 3 LPM. I hope your AMP/Volt control box works as planned because I think it might to want to draw significantly more amps than that with 3.4 volts per gap.
    I do not wat to be argumentative but only the voltage will be split. All cells will use all 68 amps. Amps will never be split only voltage.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    I do not wat to be argumentative but only the voltage will be split. All cells will use all 68 amps. Amps will never be split only voltage.

Larry
    X2 correct-amundo, Mr.C.... Volts kept dialed down to 3.0 to 3.6 per gap, amperage variable across all four units from about 50 to 150+ (not enough more to say anything beyond what the manuf'r lists). This was the idea from the very earliest conception. As far as "there should be 5 units to split the voltage to 2.76", I'm gonna say, "Yeah, I know, why don't you give me about $350 extra to play with and I'll toss one together so we can ALL be happy... I'm not even allowed to tell friends how much all this costs, just in case it doesn't work... But I think the folks on this board in particular probably ballpark it pretty close.. Yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post

Larry
    Nor do I, but I think I should clarify. For all practical purposes an ampere represents an amp-second or one coulomb which is equal to a particular defined number of individual electrons (6.24 X 10^18) passing a specific given point in one second. The bottom line is each of those individual electrons can't be in twenty places at the same time.

In circuits with resistors in series the voltage is divided. In circuits with resistors in parallel the amps are divided even when it is a sub-circuit contained within a cuircuit with resistors in series.

"In circuits with resistors in series the voltage is divided. In circuits with resistors in parallel the amps are divided even when it is a sub-circuit contained within a cuircuit with resistors in series."
    ...Damn, son. You're smarter than a show dog, ain't ya? So to put this in perspective, you're saying that with 150A available to these four units, that each unit can only receive 37.5A because its plates are in parallel? Hmmmm, well OK then.. So does that mean I wasted my money on a meter that reads up to 150A when I could have got by with a 50A meter? Or, does the combined draw from four electrolyzers in series appear as 150A to the circuit? I ask because I have always thought of each e'lyzer as a single resistor, not a sub-set of parallel resistors wired in series.

No, what I'm saying is that if you have 150 amps entering the system, each electrolyzer will see the entire 150 amps as a whole, but the 150 amps will be divided between the 20 cells. Each cell will see 7.5 (150/20) of those 150 amps. Then, they will recombine on their way to the next electrolyzer where they will be re-divided between the cells of the next unit and so on through the system.

If you measure the amps between each unit, you should read the entire 150 amps, but if you measure the amps passing from the positve plate to the negative plate of an individual cell you should read 1/20th of your total amps.

That's just the way it works. I'm not trying to be negative. I'm just trying to be helpful. I believe Phil, the resident electronics engineer, will corroborate what I'm saying if he looks at your diagram.

Shields down Mr. Worf, I don't believe an attack is emminent... I wasn't doing anything but supplying information, asking questions and watching you and H20PWR spar. I'm one of those strange people that actually like to learn new things and your description of how the current is handled from plate to plate was enlightening, almost sounds like a capacitative function. From a "money already spent" standpoint that's good... Means that I can use that expensive ammeter after all.

As I re-read my post I see that the show dog comment could be taken negatively. Hope it wasn't- where I come from it's a sarcastic form of compliment. It's a southern thang.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's cool. I'm a southern man, myself, and recognized the back handed compliment for what it was right away. I have to say, though, that I'm not trying to spar with H2OPWR. Your approach is unconventional and it took me a few moments of looking at your diagram to realize exactly how it worked electrically.

H2OPWR is a smart guy and I'm sure he will see it too, once he's had a chance to think about it a little longer. It's reasonably common to refer to parallel circuits as a current dividers exactly because of their ability divide the total current into fractional parts.