Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HHO directly into Fuel

wingnut Guest
    Well, not much progress. Got all of the plates together (4"x2"x1/16" wide), but for some reason half way between the 12 plates I have a dead spot!? Taken them appart twice and put them back in different orders, but "STILL" have this dead spot! Have about half of the power. I DON'T KNOW WHY!? Will try it more later. However, I do know that as far as the first portion at either side of the center, I have GREAT voltage! Any ideas?
    Let you know more later, probably tommorow.

wingnut Guest
    Oh, I have put 1/32" rubber spacers (about the thickness of an intertube) between each one. The same ones that I have used in previous versions and it WORKED JUST FINE. ANY CLUES?

aluminum

If your going to use NaOH, you cant use aluminum as your electrode. NaOH and aluminum will chemically react with each other. They will actually make hydrogen, but the NaOH will eat the aluminum very quickly until either the NaOH is netralized or the aluminum is gone. NaOH is Lye or sodium hydroxide.

Fishhook Guest

Joe cell

Can anyone tell me about the Joe Cell? I think that it would be a good thing to try in a car, because the outer case could be made from a stainless steel canister, and would be doubling as a heat sink. Let me know.

Ronjinsan Guest

Joe Cell

Hi Fishhook, I would suggest you will find more info on the JoeCellon other sites! There are many websites dedicated to the infamous Joe cell, they go from simple to over the top complex. Trouble is they are hard to construct properly and harmonically, also the components are expensive. If you can afford the parts I would say that you should satisfy your curiousity and build one then we can all get feedback from you on whether its worth the trouble or not!

Oh yeah Wingnut, what is your plate configuration at the moment?
    And, why are you still flogging that dead Aluminium horse? The plate material is irrelavent in most cases, depending on your electrolyte, but using stainless has been rigorously tested by a myriad of people and found to provide the best results with any electrolyte.

hho_underground Guest
    Hey Ronjinsan,
    You mentioned that you were going to try injecting hho directly into the gasoline. Any luck with that?

Also, I was wondering if is it possible to splice the plastic tube from the bubbler into the gas line going to the engine?

I was thinking that if you had two identical systems, one fed the air intake and the other fed the gas line, would that possibly eliminate the need to tamper with the o2, MAP or any other sensors. Do you get what I'm thinking here?

Also, what about a thinner guage of SS plates bent like this "WWWWWWWWW" instead of being flat like "_____________________"
    All the bends would stiffen the lighter guage as well as provide extra surface area.

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these ideas already or knows of reasons not to try them.

Thanks,
    -M

jared Guest
    i know the reason not to try the wwwww setup with the lighter gauge steel

its beacause thin stainless steel is a bitch to work with, after several wasted hours messin with the bent up #26 ss ive decided to scrap all that and try the ss wall plates from the hardware store, it really makes more sense to use existing parts if possible, unless u dont consider ur time valuable, or think youl make justifiable gains by fabbing ur own parts

u may sense that im a little frustrated withe #26 SS it has kinda stopped my progress and im still stuck spending bout 300 a week on gas

Ronjinsan Guest
    Bit hot under the collar there Jared.... but you are absolutely right, eventually you go out and buy the right stuff and then dont look back! The thin SS seems to warp under heat quite badly!

hho_underground Guest
    Thanks guys.

Any thoughts regarding:

"Also, I was wondering if is it possible to splice the plastic tube from the bubbler into the gas line going to the engine?

I was thinking that if you had two identical systems, one fed the air intake and the other fed the gas line, would that possibly eliminate the need to tamper with the o2, MAP or any other sensors. Do you get what I'm thinking here?"

Thanks,
    -M

rmptr Guest
    Difficult to introduce gaseous HHO into the liquid fuel.
    Resolved by allowing into the incoming combustion air.
    All goes same place.

Wherever/however the HHO is introduced, it will change the burn rate and exhaust composition. Sensor in exhaust will still do it's job as designed.
    Sensor will tell ECM 'This burn is too lean, inject more fuel."
    best