Thread: Reading Cell Temperature

Reading Cell Temperature

Just wondering how y'all measure your cell temperature.

What kind of probe you use and where you place it?

Interested in both temp and permanent probe installs.

---------------------

BTW, changed cells on my old car and got production up to a little over 2 lpm and my mpg jumped from 20 (at 1.5 lpm) to 21.5 (at 2 lpm) (was getting 18 mpg with no HHO)

So it seems that the old .5 lpm of HHO for each liter of engine displace might be a little on the light side -- at least on my 19 year old 3 liter V6.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Astro- how about a temp probe glued into one leg of a T in place of the elbow at the top of the unit?

I AGREE! 1/2 lpm is a compromise number based on minimum fuss with car electronics balanced against a minimally observable mileage gain. The big numbers are coming from non-computerized gas and diesel engines running much higher lpm units and slightly retarded timing to take advantage of the faster burn speed. Some of the OTR guys are reporting solid, repeatable gains of 30%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by astrocady View Post
    Just wondering how y'all measure your cell temperature.

What kind of probe you use and where you place it?

Interested in both temp and permanent probe installs.
    Astro, I am currently using a digital meat thermometer that claims to be accurate within 1 degree F. down to 40 below zero. Because of the way my current project is configured, I have it sealed into a removable threaded plug that inserts into the top of my endplate and allows the stainless steel probe to extend down into my electrolyte.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

Nick,
    Anything new going on with the beast??????????
    I leave for vacation in 2 days and demand results, or I'm not going!!!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Still in the cleaning phase. Mixing a stronger batch of KOH for after final rinse and I will either have more info or I will have it torn apart and in the trash can by the time you get home. Just kidding...I might have it in the trash can before you leave. LOL
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

Great ideas, both! Thanks :-)
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.