Thread: Need help purchasing a PWM in Ireland

Need help purchasing a PWM in Ireland

OK here's the deal,
    We are based in Ireland and have a presentation to do in a couple of weeks as part of our 3rd year project and we are building a HHO generator but we have no PWM, does anyone know a site in the uk or Ireland that would deliver in a couple of days. Any help would be greatly aprreciated!!
    Thanks, Gary.

I couldn't find such a thing on google.
    Best bet is to just order one from some american site and have it shipped over.
    It will cost you a bit but... what else can you do

Maybe you can find an eletriction who will build it for you at a cheap price?

Gary,
    I don't know whether your demo will be installed in a vehicle or not- But, if it is to be demonstrated in a stationary manner then I would suggest a borrowed Variac transformer and a quick diode bridge made with some (4) easily obtainable 50A/600V stud diodes screwed into a couple pieces of aluminum for heat sinks (DON'T LET THEM TOUCH!) The Variac will let you dial in the voltage between 0-220 (220V/50Hz- UK standard, right?) and the diode bridge will handle the amperage much better than a single 50A bridge rectifier. -Quick and dirty mobile variety- If you absolutely can not get a PWM in time, then make one (of a sort). Purchase inexpensive automotive style inverter capable of providing necessary wattage. Wire directly to lamp dimmer in series with diode bridge.. Voila! Connect a voltmeter in parallel with your cells so you can keep an eye on it and not toast anything... Good luck! I hope you get an "A"!

THIS IS WRONG- SORRY -FORGOT DIMMER WAS AC- SORRY-

However... And this would be a lot of hardware but would work, you could go BATTERY>INVERTER>VARIAC>DIODE BRIDGE>CELL... With the Variac acting as the voltage regulator on the AC side...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]