Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFIE vs MAP/MAF Enhancer?

EFIE vs MAP/MAF Enhancer?

So i am a bit unclear on what each does and when you should use one or both.

My current belief is EFIE controls the O2 sensor as it goes into the computer, so it can lean/raise the fuel mix?

And the MAP/MAF enhancer controls the O2 data that comes from the MAP/MAF as it goes into the computer?

So they do the same thing on different inputs, one the O2 sensors and the other on the MAP/MAF sensor?

They both have 1 job, to raise or lower volture to raise or lower how much fuel is added?

I ask because i am getting VERY low MPG gains with 2lmp in a 2.0 engine.
    So i figured i will have to add one of both of these items to my car. And i am unsure which to get....

Viper

I would suggest using an EFIE for 1 reason...(like Ron Popeil says) you can set it & forget it!

I have both. The intention there is to set the EFIE and use the MAF enhancer as a "fine Tuner" Just like the old televisions had in the 60's.

My wife's Elantra will only get an EFIE since she doesn't want to adjust anything!

The reason you are getting low MPG gains is because the o2 sensors are detecting a lean burn condition & reporting it back to the ECU.
    The ECU is then dumping more fuel to compensate thus negating any MPG gains.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

And i will take your word for it, a MAF enhancer is for fine tuning.
    I won't question or wonder why, ill just believe you

Now to find a EFIE that i like and will work for my car!

and thanks for the link, but all that is is EFIE productions, i know what they do... just didnt know why one over the other.

2000 Ford Focus 2.0 DOHC zx3

I have my HHO project on hold right now as skydiving just took all my money
    :{ Will be doing lots more reseach on this stuff.
    I am sure i need it.

For now i have my HHO cell out of my car. Funny enough i am getting better non-HHO MPG than ever before, content 33-34hwy.. normally my old best was 31 without HHO....
    I have no clue what happend but i am happy

Quote Originally Posted by viper_1986_1986 View Post

I have my HHO project on hold right now as skydiving just took all my money
    :{ Will be doing lots more reseach on this stuff.
    I am sure i need it.

For now i have my HHO cell out of my car. Funny enough i am getting better non-HHO MPG than ever before, content 33-34hwy.. normally my old best was 31 without HHO....
    During my 2 week on car test I used a small generator and had 1-2mpg drops running and 1-1.5 mpg increase over usual with it off. After a couple thousand miles my MPG average went back to normal

Our vehicle: 1990 Chevy G-20 van, 350 V-8 TPI injection. We use the MAP sensor enhancer from here:
    http://burnhydrox.com/shop/index.php...products_id=65

The MAP sensor on the truck has three wires, the two outer wires are positive/negative, and the middle wire feeds the ECM. We spliced into the ECM wire as instructed, and here are the results.

On the City setting we can turn the gas (signal) down by 12-15%
    On the highway setting we can turn the gas (signal) down some 20%, on a wet day, even more.

Coupled with the HHO generator we are getting over 45 mpg, sometimes up to 60 mpg in a 4300 pound van.

I sincerely hope you have an EGT gauge hooked up. Changing the signal from the MAP sensor will decrease the pulse time of the injectors, resulting in better fuel economy, but will also greatly increase the exhaust temperature. It's a good way to fry your engine, so please be very careful.
    It's extremely easy to accidentally jump to 1,600 deg.F with one of those adjusters.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by viper_1986_1986 View Post

Viper,
    The HHO cleaned all of the carbon out of your cylinders.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Autowrench View Post
    Our vehicle: 1990 Chevy G-20 van, 350 V-8 TPI injection. We use the MAP sensor enhancer from here:
    http://burnhydrox.com/shop/index.php...products_id=65

The MAP sensor on the truck has three wires, the two outer wires are positive/negative, and the middle wire feeds the ECM. We spliced into the ECM wire as instructed, and here are the results.

On the City setting we can turn the gas (signal) down by 12-15%
    On the highway setting we can turn the gas (signal) down some 20%, on a wet day, even more.

Coupled with the HHO generator we are getting over 45 mpg, sometimes up to 60 mpg in a 4300 pound van.
    WOW 45 MPG!!!!! Really? All you used was a MAP enhancer and HHO? I assume your starting MPG was 14-15 MPG. If that is ture you have the best gains that i have heard of.

Do you mind doing a thread on that HHO mod, and showing us how we can do the same? 100% is the best ive ever seen but it had a ton of steam involved.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    WOW 45 MPG!!!!! Really? All you used was a MAP enhancer and HHO? I assume your starting MPG was 14-15 MPG. If that is ture you have the best gains that i have heard of.

Do you mind doing a thread on that HHO mod, and showing us how we can do the same? 100% is the best ive ever seen but it had a ton of steam involved.
    Yes! and he's doing it with a Mason Jar reactor
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.