Thread: DC Pump

DC Pump

Looking for an inexpensive DC air pump for less than $10 without insane shipping...anyone know of a website, store or personaly have one to sell.

Thanks

If you are intending on using this to pump KOH solution, forget about cheep pumps. They fall into two catagories -- either they are unrelable or they have parts inside that will react with the KOH. And remember, if you are using the pump to circulate the electrolyte through your cell, and the pump fails, it will ruin the cell. So don't get caught up in false economy.

The only pump I've had success with is a March series 893. It costs about $150
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Possibly found one that will work...

I've managed to obtain one of these diaphragm pumps from a local importer & reseller. I've checked out the materials that it is made from, which seem to be compatible to KOH. I haven't gotten around to assembling & trying out my cell yet, but will report back with any news, good or bad.

Has anyone else tried one of these?

Cheers,
    Martin.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/21...ragm_pump.html

For all questions on material compatibility check and use this tool:

http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/ChemComp.asp