Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Dry Cell

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Last-One-Left View Post
    A big condom, got it! lol..i would try it, that sounds good..i understand good enough but do you have any pictures? that would be nice..thanks..
    WWWHHHHOOOOAAAAAHHHHH.........
    You need a Pic of a condom being unrolled??????
    YYYIIIKKKEEEESSSS.......

96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Quote Originally Posted by rcflyn View Post
    WWWHHHHOOOOAAAAAHHHHH.........
    You need a Pic of a condom being unrolled??????
    YYYIIIKKKEEEESSSS.......

Hahaha..i got more than just a picture, i got a video lol..
    Thanks a million for the video..i totally understand..

Hey guys, whats the best material to use for gaskets? and also the housing (plastic plates) that hold the plate together? thanks..

Gaskets- .050" EPDM if you're not going to control your heat via proper electronics, or .040" PVC gray shower pan liner from Home Depot if you're going to pay attention.

End Caps- .75" HDPE, .50" UHMW (if you want to spend the money). Wal-Mart plastic cutting boards (.50" HDPE)-if you use a full plate coverage piece of gasket material between it and the last plate because its surface has a bit of texture. Theoreticaly you could use just about any strong non-conductive material as long as you used a full plate coverage gasket between it and the out side... But I guarentee you that if you use plywood you will be the butt of endless jokes around here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's where you come into another confusing area. Some swear by Thinner gaskets, some swear by thicker gaskets.
    Farmer just said .050. I'm not saying that's right or wrong. I Don't know.
    I'm using .160. and I've got some .125 to be tested.
    As far as thickness goes, gather as much info as you can, and try what you feel is right.

End Plates, Another touch subject.
    I'm using 3/8 Clear Acrylic. But, I like to "SEE" what's going on inside. Ok, atleast I can see up to the FIRST Plate... L.O.L. It's Cool watching those bubbles work their way UP the Reactor....
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Koya...

HHHMMM... I'm doubting your statement, but haven't tested one way or the other, so I can't say for sure, but, NOW, you make me want to try it.
    You said that thicker gaskets will run warmer. I'm doubting that. I'm thinking that with thicker gaskets, there is more fluid between the plates, allowing it to remain cooler. Or, Maybe it will run warmer (I'll test that one some day), BUT, it's going to take LONGER to warm up. Again, maybe my lines of thinking are wrong, so you make me wonder. But, isn't that what these forums are all about? Question each other, encourage us to re-evalute our thinking, and try something different.
    The ONLY Reason I NEED to run a 28% mixture is because I live in COLD Climates. Western N.Y. gets well below FREEZING in the winters. I don't LIKE having to use a PWM, but, I'd rather keep the mixture high, spend the extra money, and continue using it all winter long.

As SOON as I get the oportunity, I'll Build an identicle reactor to the one I'm testing now, only install my .125 thick gasket (as compared to .160) Test your theory and see if there's any heat differences.
    But, here's the problem, as I see it. You CAN'T Use the same concentration E-Lyte. Thinner gaskets will require LESS Concentrated E-Lyte to draw the same amperage. You'll (or "I'LL" in this case) Mix seperate E-Lyte to make it so the 2 reactors are drawing the same amperage.
    If I'm wrong, please, someone tell me.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

Brian,
    You're probably wrong on all accounts, but you're used to that, aren't you?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

RC, I think you may have just answered your own question. Although counter intuitive, the thicker gaskets might just make the mix hotter faster because of the increased resistance due to increased distance between plates.
    I build wind turbines also, and stumbled onto the fact that Terry Galyon at TLG windpower also has a highly productive HHO system that he markets under TLG hydrogen with a purpose wound permanent magnet alternator and an electrolyzer that uses gaskets that are less than 1/32" thick! I grilled him about this in depth over the phone one morning and he is steadfast in his assertion that plate spacing should be the least you can get away with for a given application (electrolyte pump or no pump). Not many folks seem to know about him, but his site makes for some interesting info and a bit of good reading.

If you have a few minutes, check it out... http://www.tlgwindpower.com/tlghydrogen/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lee, BITE me... Ya, I'm used to it by now. I've learned to take it with a grain of salt. It's all in fun, there for, it's ALL good..

Bio, I see where you're coming from, but I still think More fluid capacity between the plates will allow cooler running overall. I'll give your link a look when I get a minute. I'm curious now. 1/32", I'm just trying to fathom the AMP Draw I'd create on that with my 28% KOH concentration. Granted, the PWM will control it, but at THIS Moment, I'm running PWMless, Pulling 15ish amps with the .160 gasket thickness.
    Dern it, Sometimes I really hate this HHO stuff...
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon