Thread: Blowing a fuse

Post Blowing a fuse

HI, newby here, I hope someone can help me, i run 2.7 nissan terrano, ive fitted a HHO kit and it keeps and blowing the fuse, it worked at first,(momenteraly), but since then it hasnt worked, i have fitted a PWM but still it blows and i have reduced the hydroxide to 10 grams, i have a water tank and bubbler fitted, but i cant see whats in the generator, so cant comment on it, i am about to change the generator, if no one can help me, so if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it. Thanks jim

What is the size of the fuse?

How many amps is your PWM drawing?

Is it a constant current PWM?
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

its a 30 amp fuse, the pwm, dont know, did i mention its a deseil.

Come on guys, Where's your heads at? (unless I missed something somewhere else), but there are NO IMPORTANT Questions being asked about the IMPORTANT Information.

What do you mean, It WORKED (Momentairily)????? It can't momentairly work. It either works, or it doesn't...

Next, What kind of Cell? (Need ALL the details on the cell)

Next, What Electrolyte are you using?

Next, What concentration of Electrolyte?

You can run a cell without a PWM without blowing fuses, as long as you have things set right...

Details are needed to be able to obsess the situation to be able to offer an educated guess as to WHY these fuses are blown....
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

No need for all those Qs...
    Just an answer for his question.

It is cause too many amps are running through the fuse

No really, answer all the above questions.
    Off the top of my head my suggestion would be, try running with pure water, no e-lyte...

Quote Originally Posted by viper_1986_1986 View Post
    No need for all those Qs...
    Just an answer for his question.

It is cause too many amps are running through the fuse

No really, answer all the above questions.
    Off the top of my head my suggestion would be, try running with pure water, no e-lyte...
    Treid pure water, it did nothing, then i moved onto buying a PWM, that did nothing, i am beginning to think the generator is no good, i bought it from a new supplier called hydroxy7, it was very cheap for a full kit, £125GBP, at first he answered my questions about truobles i was having, in his last e-mail he announced that he had been having problems with the generator and that e-bay had stopped him listing more than one item!!!?, which is how i found my way to this forum, to see what others of simmiliar interest think. So today i have a different type of generator from another supplier, i shal fix that up to the car and take it from there, ill let you know what happens, many thanks jim.

well ive fitted new generator, just got to buy some more fuses, fingers crossed.