Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a solution to the ecu problem

Cool Hmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by charliebrumfield View Post
    megasquirt will do what ever you can come up with. it's one of the best systems on the market. you're best bet is to take it to a dyno shop and have them set the tune on the car to run as lean as possible and not get detonation. however it will be tricky since as of yet no one has linked the pwm to the motor/ecu. to really see results you will need to have the pwm scale power off of the reactor to what the motor is requiring since you can use more hho at higher throttle applications and scale back demand on the alternator at idle or part throttle periods.
    Had a Thought! Maybe the pwm could be regulated the same way the TPS sensor works. Need a throttle linkage hookup and it would increase and decrease as you apply your throttle. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa's Speedshop View Post
    Had a Thought! Maybe the pwm could be regulated the same way the TPS sensor works. Need a throttle linkage hookup and it would increase and decrease as you apply your throttle. Just a thought.
    Grandpa,

That works as far as regulating the power to the cell, during idle or at a stop sign minimal amps to the cell as you accel, yes the amps increase. Hence the lpm should increas. It does nothing to fooll the ECU. The Mega Squirt and APX AFC are probably the only thing out in the market with the capability to set multiple point for when the system is lean or rich (controlling the O2 signal) At least that's my understanding. Thus far, the best route I've seen 20-35% increase is the used of an EFIE. One things to note is, most Imports are already running lean from the factory, hence when you set the initial setting as suggested from the vendor (Fuel Saver) you might have to set it richer than recommended.

The Infiniti I worked with had a narrow band O2, the initial recommended mv was 350mv. I got a code and poor mileage which made me re-think things and took a chance on setting it much higher 385mv, CEL has not come on and 25% gain was experienced.

Now some older Ford and Chevy I've worked with likes it lean on initial setting, 350mv was not lean enough, 300mv yeild 25% on the F-150's with the 4.6. Having said not eveyone car or truck will respons the same way. For example two identical F-150 the same 4.6l, one set at the 300mv no CEL and 25% gain, the other F-150 same eng 300mv was too lean, had to set it at 385mv.