Thread: Effects on engine once HHO is removed? (MPG gains still exist?)

Effects on engine once HHO is removed? (MPG gains still exist?)

So i have a 2000 ford focus 2.0 DOHC with 167,000 miles on it.
    We will say my HHO cell makes around 2lmp and created a bit of vapor. I was lacking a bubbler/scrubber but still ran with it for quick tests...

In the end my mpg hwy went from around 31 or so to 35.. once 36...
    City i went from around 27 or so to 31.
    I never did any REAL tests; fill ups drive for an hour and refill. I drive 100-150 miles a day for work so.... enough driving for me.

Anyways, i had some leaks with my HHO and have lost a LOT of lye, a whole 2lb now so until i get the leaks fixed i figured i would run without HHO.

I am STILL getting better than normal MPG???
    34 hwy and 30 in city...
    This has happened my last 5 fill ups... so a good 1500 miles like this.
    Any reason WHY this could be happening?

My father said humidity is really low? But no... way could that be doing it.
    My guess was warmer air, 90s last few weeks, so the fuel is pre-heated?
    But over the past 2 years i had this car i never had 34mpg unless i was hypermiling (taking out my back seat, no spare tire, no more than 50mph no more than 1500rpms).
    But i am driving normal. From stop lights i get up to 2500rpms, i stop hard, brake hard, corner hard, for delivery driving.... i am not babying my car at all....

Just a hunch... Maybe your engine has had a bit of a clean up. Can't think of anything else.

Keep it up.

Cheers,
    Martin.

Agreed,
    One of the benefits of HHO is that it cleans you engine Carbon deposits are cleaned. My air cooled VW holds the benefit of of some increase in MPG when the generator is turned off when compared to my base mileage because when I installed it was heavily fouled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Another thought -- did you forget, perhaps, to turn off your EFIE?
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

I knew that people said it cleaned out the engine, but didn't think it would affect it that much.

And no EFIE or O2 enanchers yet.
    Those are on hold until i can save up so more money.... 8$/hr + skydiving + house = no money for EFIE :{

Would be nice to know if anyone else has had similar things like this happen to them. I haven't found anyone claiming it has... my first fill up i thought i was crazy, then on the 2nd and 3rd i was confued... i use the same cheap walmart gas like always....

So get this, funny enough on my timing.
    But while working today as i hit 100 miles my engine randomly died, i turned it back on with CEL....
    Had it checked out and i have a lean fuel mix!

I NEVER have put an EFIE in my car... or O2 enhancer.
    So i have two ideas...

1) Bad O2 sensor and it was just random/wierd timing.
    2) The ECU learned of the HHO so it leaned out the fuel, since no HHO has been in for a good 1500 miles instead of adding more fuel it threw a CEL.

To test this i am resetting my ECU tonight.... see if the light comes back in the morning, if it does than i will say my O2 sensor just randomly went out (i hope...)

But this would indeed explain the MPG gains without HHO