Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Searching a nice efficient setup

Hi guy , so just an update , I finish my dry cell and my tank

my dry cell is -NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-

space between plate is about 1mm
    plate in contact with water = approximately 70 mm by 100 mmm (not sure)
    3 hole on top and 1 holes bottom on each plate (except end plate)

I full a 710ml of HHO in 1.25 minutes .... I was expecting way more but I can also get some KOH electrolyte to make it more productive .

Back ground reading

I couldn't agree more!

Reading about this technology - old as it is - is a really great way to learn about it.
    There are loads of people on this forum that have different levels and fields of expertise.
    Some basic electricity & electronics reading on other websites is good too, not to mention a lot of googling for information etc. Personally, I have a whole bookmarks section of my browser devoted to information on this topic, with many subdivisions for different aspects of it.

Good luck, & post some experimental results when you've done a few tests - particularly mileage improvements etc - quite interested in these myself.

Cheers,
    Martin.

i'll continu my test but for the moment i fill up a 710 ml of hho in 1min 25 seconde ... that's bad , amp are low also , I need more electrolyte

I dont know where I can find KOH here (quebec , canada)

Hi , My cell setup produce exactly 600 ml per minutes . Is it enough for my small car ?

I Can't get more with baking soda (I can't add more baking soda = saturation @ 23 degres celcius)

Is KOH a better electrolyte?

KOH is much better and won't foul your plates like baking soda. Check on eBay -- there are several that sell 2 pound batches that can be shipped to Alaska. There is one in Nebraska that I've bought from before that I can strongly recomend. Can't remember the exact name, but there can't be very many selling KOH on eBay from Nebraska.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Quote Originally Posted by yanlapanic View Post
    Hi , My cell setup produce exactly 600 ml per minutes . Is it enough for my small car ?

I Can't get more with baking soda (I can't add more baking soda = saturation @ 23 degres celcius)

Is KOH a better electrolyte?
    Check local spots that sell supplies for bio diesel. They always have KOH. Also soap makers and candle makers use and usually sell it. Most local chemical outlets will have it of have access to it. When you are calling around do not ask for KOH. You will be told that they do not carry it. Ask for Potassium Hydroxide. Also mention that it is soluable potash. That is how I finally found it locally. I was just getting no until I ask for it in by the name they know it as.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

thanks .

I barely get 800 ml per minutes .... with really hot water and 19 amps ..

it's seem bad result considering output vs amp .

anyways .

I disassemble my cell today , all the plate are black or orange (neutral are black one side and orange one side )

But when I say black , It like carbon deposit .

I supposed this is du to baking soda use ? Or maybe normal water ?

Quote Originally Posted by yanlapanic View Post
    I disassemble my cell today , all the plate are black or orange (neutral are black one side and orange one side )

But when I say black , It like carbon deposit .

I supposed this is du to baking soda use ? Or maybe normal water ?
    Hi ^^, if you used Tap water (water you drink at home) then yes, you can look for more details about using tap water on the forum. I suggest you to use distilled or rain water like that your plate will stay clean.
    And if you use NaOH or KOH you'll have more production.
    Good luck .

The discoloration is impurities from minerals & other crap that's in drinking water, and also from using baking soda. Using KOH and distilled water may clear up the problem, but the carbon deposits are most likely from using a low grade stainless steel. What kind are you using and what is the amp. draw?
    Before running the reactor, did you properly prepare the plates?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php