Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Searching a nice efficient setup

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    The discoloration is impurities from minerals & other crap that's in drinking water, and also from using baking soda. Using KOH and distilled water may clear up the problem, but the carbon deposits are most likely from using a low grade stainless steel. What kind are you using and what is the amp. draw?
    Before running the reactor, did you properly prepare the plates?
    I Don't know the grade of stainless but I know It's not the one who can resist acid .

second : I run normaly at 12 amps and when water is hot I get 18-19 amp

I do not have prepare plate ....

anyways , this was material my father give me so it reduce a lot the cost of the project .

Im stating to think about the next winter .... I saw that Koh is a good anti-freeze and this is nice .... a 25% koh ratio will let met go to -37 degree and this is what I want .... But I don't know how my generator will like a 25% koh ratio ... I don't want to overload everything .

For the moment my setup is like +NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+

but only 4 neutral plate seem low im my head with 25% koh ... current will flow like crazy and this will maybe cause heat (maybe this is what we want in the winter? )

So now i'll buy some KOH

OK, seeing your setup, I'd advise you to make some changes.
    If you can get one more plate, build it like this: +NNNNNN-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-.
    If you can't, dump 2 plates and run: +NNNNN-NNNNN+NNNNN-. Running the reactor with either setup will give good results. Be sure to use distilled water and make it a 28% KOH electrolyte solution.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

OK, seeing your setup, I'd advise you to make some changes.
    If you can get one more plate, build it like this: +NNNNNN-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-.
    If you can't, dump 2 plates and run: +NNNNN-NNNNN+NNNNN-. Running the reactor with either setup will give good results. Be sure to use distilled water and make it a 28% KOH electrolyte solution.
    28 % is too high for summmer that sure ... I just got like 1/3 pound of KOH from a guy for free

I will start my test with this KOH and some DEMINERALISED water

ANd yess I plan to change setup but before I want to exceed 1.5 LPM with this setup cause removing ''a cell '' (going from 4 to 3 cell )will decrease my LPM a lot

You can run 28%KOH all year long as long as the reactor is built properly. The reason your reactor will run hot is because you have only 4 Bi-polar plates per stack. That's 2.76 volts per cell. Way too high! Lots of what you feel is Hydroxy gas coming from your reactor is actually steam. 5 Bi-polars per stack will bring the gap voltage down to 2.3, and 6 Bi-polars will make it 1.97, which is about perfect. It will run cool, and everything it puts out will be gas without any steam. Much more efficient!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

You can run 28%KOH all year long as long as the reactor is built properly. The reason your reactor will run hot is because you have only 4 Bi-polar plates per stack. That's 2.76 volts per cell. Way too high! Lots of what you feel is Hydroxy gas coming from your reactor is actually steam. 5 Bi-polars per stack will bring the gap voltage down to 2.3, and 6 Bi-polars will make it 1.97, which is about perfect. It will run cool, and everything it puts out will be gas without any steam. Much more efficient!
    What a nice Information complement
    Steam do not only happend when water is pretty hot?
    Is it normal if I see some '' white mist '' out of my gen ? Is this what cou call ''steam '' ?

So much question haha

Quote Originally Posted by yanlapanic View Post
    What a nice Information complement
    Steam do not only happend when water is pretty hot?
    Is it normal if I see some '' white mist '' out of my gen ? Is this what cou call ''steam '' ?

So much question haha
    That's right. The 'white mist' is steam. You can't see Hydroxy gas. I posted a video on youtube of my reactor (-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-) putting out 2.4LPM. In the vid, you can see a very slight bit of vapor, but that's because it was only 12 degrees Fahrenheit (-11.2 Celcius). Friggin' cold

1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

Nice dude ! But what if I had 8 or 9 neutral plate

Something like +8n-8n+
    Because youre hho production is too high for what i need ; i need to boost a 1.8 litre engine

I've run up to 8 bi-polars with success (-NNNNNNNN+). You'll need a 28% KOH solution with distilled (not deionized) water. If I remember correctly, I was able to get 1LPM with 12 or so amp draw. The 6"x6" reactor had a 6.04 MMW and the current density was only .38 amps per sq.in..
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

I've run up to 8 bi-polars with success (-NNNNNNNN+). You'll need a 28% KOH solution with distilled (not deionized) water. If I remember correctly, I was able to get 1LPM with 12 or so amp draw. The 6"x6" reactor had a 6.04 MMW and the current density was only .38 amps per sq.in..
    I don't know about these mesure yet ... Can you explain me quickly what they mean ?

these are some result from test I've done 5 minutes ago : ( first test with KOH!)

My test was to fill up a bottle of 710ml

Water was starting to be a little bit hot when Ive done both test :

at 19-20 amp i've got the bottle to fill up in 35 sec (1.2 LPM )
    at 13.5 amp Ive got the bottle to fill up in 57 sec ( about .75 LPM )

I can change Amp because my baterry charger have 3 amp stages on 12 volt
    the last one is to help a car start so its more violent : That where I get 19-20 amp