Thread: Right then... my head hurts

Right then... my head hurts

Been lurcking and occasional posting her for a bit..

Done lots of searching and still a bit confused...

I understand what I need to do to make a system but cant quite get my head around a few items..

I have a 2L engine thats on carburettor and no emissions controls (I am in the UK)
    So I want to biuld a 1-2LPM system that hopefully will be current limiting by design, pref below 20 amps ALL the time, i'd rather not get into the PWR etc... that can run and run for hours.

A chap that has been doing a little work on HHO reckons I need a seperate battery and pref alternator to drive it (surely not at lowish amps I would need?) Do I??

What dimensions of plate and configeration should I use to get my 2 LPM with sensible amps and low heat build up.. this would be run for several hours at a time on quite regular basis.. Yes I will use a resevoir and ca use a pump to circulate

On the first vehicle space isnt too much of a problem either but I dont expect a 2lpm system to be too big..

Oh and seems to be confusing info as to where to "inject" the HHO, some have said on carb engines in the manifold, but that makes no sense, so will put it very close to the throttle valve down the thoat of the carb...

Hope someone is willing to help me get this started as petrol (gas) has hit US$7 dollars per US gallon........... yes really I kid you not..

Am considering starting an instalation amd maint co for HHO as I am certain there is a market for it...

All replies and PM's welcome

Cheers
    Si

OK, just found this co in the Uk and seem to talk the right stuff, prices seem fair and would get me up and running a lot quicker.. thing is they have a 3 "power" 8 "neutral" plate design
    so I presume +NNNN-NNNN+ layout.. they reckon 7.5A to a max of 15A current draw, I would think it will draw more than that wouldnt it? and more than 2.5v per gap. what do you think?

http://www.morempgnow.co.uk/Our_Products.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanytoys View Post
    OK, just found this co in the Uk and seem to talk the right stuff, prices seem fair and would get me up and running a lot quicker.. thing is they have a 3 "power" 8 "neutral" plate design
    so I presume +NNNN-NNNN+ layout.. they reckon 7.5A to a max of 15A current draw, I would think it will draw more than that wouldnt it? and more than 2.5v per gap. what do you think?

http://www.morempgnow.co.uk/Our_Products.aspx
    I have been in contact with this site and he is very helpful. I did strongly consider buying one, but after further research and also finding someone local who is setting up a business, I decided that it was not right and designed and built my own. Having done so I can see how he arrives at his price.

From talking to him I reckoned it was running at a higher temperature than I wanted - it is a small cell after all. I went for a larger cell which would produce more but could be wound down to draw less amps.

Hope this doesn't confuse you too much.
    Regards

David

No thats good.. any help and guidance is welcome.. so, want to pm me the "new co" or a bit of extra info?

Keen to try this out, already a big fan of LPG, but thats not always possible and cost a good bit more too..

Si,
    For a 2 litre engine all you need is 1LPM of HHO. Anything more would be a waste.
    You can build a dry-cell reactor yourself easily. Your best setup would be 15 6"x9" SS plates (preferably 316L) around .025" thick. I don't know what the metric measurements would be.
    Build the reactor as: -NNNNNN+NNNNNN-. I use this set-up with a 28% KOH electrolyte and get over 2LPM at 25 amps.. By running a weaker mixture, you would easily be able to achieve 1LPM @ 12.5 amps.. You won't need a pump or a pwm.....just a reservoir & bubbler.

Lee
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanytoys View Post
    No thats good.. any help and guidance is welcome.. so, want to pm me the "new co" or a bit of extra info?

Keen to try this out, already a big fan of LPG, but thats not always possible and cost a good bit more too..
    He is going for a different market and aiming for around the £500-600 range. It will have a PWM if he can get his design to work as he wants. You will need to do a lot of miles to get a return on this.
    Regards

David

Cheers Lee..

DG.. ok.. covered 19k in the Subaru last year.. wish I had lpg'd it when I got it now..
    Yeah, bit out of the price range for the carb engined one..

Looking to get better mileage for my Brothers 480 bhp Volvo truck mind...