Thread: pics of my dry cell assembly

pics of my dry cell assembly

hi folks,
    This is the first time I'm assembling a dry cell, and I'm not really familiar yet with how they work.

please take a look at the components that I got , I've attached pic at the bottom of this post.

all the way to the left are 1/2" plexiglass plates roughly 7.5" square with pile of the bolts washers and nuts on one of them.

center of photo is 12 6x6 plates with top corners cut off and 1/2" holes drilled towards the top. below the plates are my gaskets and to the right are 3 6x6 plates drilled but left square so I can attach the wiring using the shown metal connectors. the roll of gasket material is for my end gaskets,and on bottom right of photo are some fittings and a npt pipe tap.

The plan was to build a smack gen IV dry cell,
    (15 plates +nnnnnn-nnnnnn+).

the problem is, the smack calls for a "cell refill tube"
    basically the input tube goes to a piece of plastic tube that runs through the cell and refills the space between each two plates individually.

I would like to build the cell the conventional way, without this "cell refill tube thing".

how do I get this thing assembled properly?
    as I mentioned, I drilled 3 holes into the tops of my metal plates. is that ok?
    I did not drill into the plexiglass yet. can I simply drill 2 holes in one of the plexiglass sheets across from the holes in the metal plates, tap& install fittings and be done?
    I want to get this thing together properly and have no idea if the input and output are supposed to be at the top of the cell, or the bottom, both one one side, or only one on each side etc. etc.
    Thanks folks, I need some guidance here.

DON'T do the Refill tube. Drill yourself 1/4" holes in each plate, on the Bottom, Near the gasket. Alternate the Holes from one plate to the Next. meaning: First plate, have it Bottom Left corner. Next Plate, Bottom Right corner. Next Plate, Bottom Left. And so on.
    I put my Fill line in the MIDDLE-Bottom of the Acrylic endplates...

That "FILL TUBE" will just cause yourself headaches in the long run. If memory serves me, Smack even abandoned the Fill tube. but then to tho, He abandoned the Stainless Steel plates to....

I'll see if I can find you a Pic of mine, to help you understand it a little better...

Crap, I just looked at your pics again, and realized your plates are already drilled with the 3 top holes. So were mine, when I ran into my Problems.
    Here's what I did... When you're assembling everything, Put the HOLES on the RIGHT side for Plate 1, Holes to Left for Plate 2, Right for plate 3, and so on.
    Now, you don't have to worry so much about drilling into the BOTTOM. BUT, You may want to (as I did) Drill a small hole on one TOP Hole for your Gas output, so your gas has a Straight shot OUT of the Cell (I put mine on the same hole as where my Gas out Nipple was). Just lay your holes alternating left/right, Take all the Plates to the Drill, Pick ONE top hole, and drill through all the plates that don't have a Hole there. I just did ONE side.
    Again, I'll see if I can find some of my Pics to help you a little...

Here's a Link, To the HHO Underground, Where I got the majority of my help. I Had Numerous pics posted there, but it was decided to get rid of the photo gallery, and just post Pics per post, which, I haven't done. You can Read there, and get an understanding of what was going on...

http://www.nicksrealm.com/Forum/view...php?f=26&t=176

Ok, I can't find the photo's I was looking for. I've gotten a New Phone (where most of my pics are taken from), and a NEW Computer since I took the pics, so Lord only know's where they are, but, I DID find this one. Look Very closely on the right edge of the cell, and you'll see the 3 holes right next to the Gasket. 2nd plate in, they're on the Left, and so on...

And, you can go to my U-Tube, To watch a video of the reactor in operation...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RCFlyn1#p/a/u/0/vpqwCju7eR4

I hope this helps some...
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK

Brian,
    I don't remember that particular picture. Why does it look all pink?
    Never mind...I forgot you live in the homo part of the state........
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

You got a problem with folks that ain't wired just like you, boy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Brian,
    I don't remember that particular picture. Why does it look all pink?
    Never mind...I forgot you live in the homo part of the state........
    R.O.F.L.M.A.O...
    WOW.. Ouch... I wasn't paying particular attention, and HONESTLY, I don't remember that picture either, but, it was on my phone, it "SORTA" shows my layout, so I ran with it. I didn't notice the PINKISH tinge to it.. So, I looked closer... "OUCH" W.T.F.. Where did that come from??? NNNNAAAAAA, It's not from the South Western Part of NY, it's the "BAD MOJO" comin from the Eastern side of the state... L.O.L....
    96 E-250 4.9L, 100,000 Miles.
    12.5 MPG Befor HHO
    16.5 (Best) after HHO.
    Modified Smack Gen I Cell.

85 BMW 524TD
    26-32MPH
    HHO Coming soon

A TOOL Is only as GOOD as it's operator. If the Operator DON'T KNOW How to work it, The TOOL WON'T WORK