Thread: Measuring LPM

Measuring LPM

When measuring LPM, is everyone just using the floating plastic bottle design?
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

there are a couple people that use actual flow meters
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

stickittoopec Guest
    This is the one I use. It is made by Foxboro. It's all stainless steel and I can adjust the flow rate if desired. I feel it is a necessary item to have when talking flow, if we want to sound credible to the public. This one is not cheap but they can be found on the net for less than $35.00.

dennis13030 Guest

Check These Out

The floating bottle is cheap but it is pretty accurate when done right.

http://www.emssales.net/store/cart.p...t_detail&p=496

justaguy Guest
    I,d say the floating bottle is accurate enough. You don,t have to have an exact measurement .

You have been a bit quiet lately dennis. Stop watching TV and helps solve the problems of the world!!!!!! JKing of course...lol
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by dennis13030 View Post
    The floating bottle is cheap but it is pretty accurate when done right.

http://www.emssales.net/store/cart.p...t_detail&p=496
    Dennis, it's thanks to your diagram that I have the flow tester I have today. I couldn't find all the materials I wanted, so it's a little primitive. My "float" is only a 500 ml bottle and it is ridged on the sides and so it gets stuck sometimes. I was just wondering if there was something easier. I HATE it when I get all the air bubbles out of my float and then it creates a vacuum and all the water comes shooting out of the hose.
    About flow meters, I was reading another thread and it seems that many have problems with the little ball sticking to things due to the moisture.

What I would like is if there's a way to make a flow meter device very similar to the one that Dennis has posted that will displace the water into another container so that you can measure the amount of liquid instead of the "air" space in the bottle. Do you follow me?
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

dennis13030 Guest
    Hey Stratous.................what up? Been kinda busy fighting other fires.

LPM Measurement
    I've seen the version that displaces water, I'm not sure how to do that without increasing the pressure inside the tank.

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HHOhoper View Post
    Dennis, it's thanks to your diagram that I have the flow tester I have today. I couldn't find all the materials I wanted, so it's a little primitive. My "float" is only a 500 ml bottle and it is ridged on the sides and so it gets stuck sometimes. I was just wondering if there was something easier. I HATE it when I get all the air bubbles out of my float and then it creates a vacuum and all the water comes shooting out of the hose.
    About flow meters, I was reading another thread and it seems that many have problems with the little ball sticking to things due to the moisture.

What I would like is if there's a way to make a flow meter device very similar to the one that Dennis has posted that will displace the water into another container so that you can measure the amount of liquid instead of the "air" space in the bottle. Do you follow me?
    A standard rotameter needs to use "DRY" gas. You can use the inline bubbler but that results in a bouncing reading due to the bubbler action. So whatever needs to be done to keep the HHO line dry for flow measurement through the flow meter.....?