Thread: New cell concept

New cell concept

Hey guys I had this idea for a new cell concept. It would be made of 2 sheets of SST foil wrapped around a 1/2 inch CPVC pipe with 3M 2-sided mounting tape for a spacer. It would be wrapped all the way around to make sure the spacing is the same throughout the coil. That means that the water intake would be in the center of the coil and the water/hydroxy exit would be at the outside of the coil. The CPVC pipe would have slits cut into it to make an entry for the water into the coil cell. It should probably have a pump pushing water into the cell to make sure the hydroxy is going in the right direction. I was also thinking of tapering the coil up so that the hydroxy naturally propagates towards the exit.

I am not sure if the 2-sided mounting tape will hold up to water and electrolysis for long periods of time so it will be secured with epoxy or caulk on the ends of the coil. I also have a concept in mind to feedback the extra water to the reservoir from the bubbler, it would also insure that the bubbler has the correct amount of water and if there is a leak it would provide a safety switch.

The reason I came up with this concept is because the cost of SST foil compared to plate and tube (cut to length with precision tools) is huge per square inch. Also since foil is so much thinner (.002") it would take up a lot less space for the same amount of square inch electrode area. And yet another benefit, it would only be 2 electrodes but there would be production on both sides for nearly the entire cell (except for the outside and inside of the coil).

I included a concept picture with legend, please let me know what you think and if you have any improvement suggestions. I provide this concept freely to the public so feel free to experiment with it.

Would that be something similar to the Spiral Cell patented by Shigeta Hasebe or the variation built by Zach West except with foil?

http://www.digital-photo.gr/NEW/Images/D20.pdf
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

Well... I skimmed through and he is talking about separating the hydrogen and oxygen... my design does not do that... and he is talking about 'stiff' metal, which wouldn't be foil. I'm pretty sure his design produces out of the top of the coil (like in a standard plate design), mine seals the foil and pushes the produced hydroxy gas and excess water out of the side of the coil. So I would say it is not under his patent. And since I posted on a public forum with date it is open to the public.

Boosters,
    Interesting concept. 2 things I see that I don't like:
    1) It's still just an anode & cathode with no bi-polar plates.
    2) If the gas can't escape from the top, it will be forced out of the side at the end of the spiral. This will cause the gas to build pressure at the top of the reactor, forcing the electrolyte down in the chamber. Good-by active surface area and hello steam.

PS>>> Hey, Nick!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Ihazleton,

I was thinking of using neutral spirals in between the positive and negative, that is defiantly feasible. I will be using this concept with a resonating circuit so I am not worried about heat since everything I looked at shows resonating circuits produce very little if any heat. but I think if the spiral is tilted enough and has enough water running through it that might help with a brute force electrolysis set-up. only experimentation can really tell for curtain though....

BTW: thanks for the feedback

Might as well try it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained............
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Thats a good way to look at it. I ordered the SST foil here.http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/k+s/k+s...source=froogle And I already have some loctite universal caulk (the expensive stuff) and CPVC pipe. Ill keep you guys updated on my progress.