Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are the facts?

h0pper Guest

what are the facts?

so, ive been floating around and found this forum. are you telling me that the internet sites saying this can be done are serious? what kind of mpg gain can i expect? i own a 95 jeep wrangler and would love to get better than the current 17 mpg. thanks h0pp

Smith03Jetta Guest
    h0pper,

I don't know what the results of my experiment will be. I have decided to buy the snake oil for now and see if it makes me sick.

My Uncle Sam sent me $2100 out of the blue so I thought I'd try to solve the national energy/economic crisis with the money. The money was, after all, intended to stimulate the economy. I can't think of a better way to spend an economic stimulus check that to build something that will directly stimulate my personal economy.

I'm sure that Home Depot, Advance Auto Parts and Radio Shack appreciate my small donations to their bottom line.

Follow my forum posts and you will see the results of my experimentation whether they are good or bad. I have no agenda, I'm not selling anything. I'm just having fun trying something new.

Somebody told me once that I couldn't build a custom motorcycle from the ground up. It was just too expensive. I not only built the motorcycle but I built the tools to build the motorycle. The entire cost was $5700. After that the motorcycle won 2 bike shows and appeared on the cover of 3 motorcycle magazines with very fine articles. The most recent and best known magazine was the "The Horse, Backstreet Choppers, April 2007".

Mr. Smith

Gains

Its not possible to tell you what gains you will see, if you see any. Almost everyones HHO generator is different. I last recorded a 4 MPG gain in my 06 dodge 3/4T Cummins diesil. I havent checked my gains again yet, I am running the tank to almost empty befor I do, but I have driven 460 miles on 2/3 tank which is about 20mpg of all city driving with the air conditioner on. Its not the gains that I would like to have but it will do for now. I expect that I will get better gains on my wife's gas powered toyota once I build the system.

h0pper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    Somebody told me once that I couldn't build a custom motorcycle from the ground up. It was just too expensive. I not only built the motorcycle but I built the tools to build the motorycle. The entire cost was $5700. After that the motorcycle won 2 bike shows and appeared on the cover of 3 motorcycle magazines with very fine articles. The most recent and best known magazine was the "The Horse, Backstreet Choppers, April 2007".

Mr. Smith
    if you think youre going to say something like this and not give me pics to drool over you are sorely mistaken sir LETS SEE IT!! when i get my garage sorted out my next project is to build a bike.

h0pper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    Its not possible to tell you what gains you will see, if you see any. Almost everyones HHO generator is different. I last recorded a 4 MPG gain in my 06 dodge 3/4T Cummins diesil. I havent checked my gains again yet, I am running the tank to almost empty befor I do, but I have driven 460 miles on 2/3 tank which is about 20mpg of all city driving with the air conditioner on. Its not the gains that I would like to have but it will do for now. I expect that I will get better gains on my wife's gas powered toyota once I build the system.
    how much did it cost you so far to get the extra 4 mpg? (give or take) id be happy to get 6 or so more from the wrangler.

Cost

I havent kept up with cost really, but I would imagine about $200, that includes all the experimental items as well. I built a rather large cell using expensive premade CPVC electrical boxes and stuff. A cell could be made alot cheaper than mine. If you just want to try hydrogen, they the almost free method that doesnt use any wire or electricity. make the hho container with the hose and everything. Dont bother with the wires yet or eletrodes yet. take a 2 foot piece of tin foil. fold it several times or crinkle it up into a loose ball. Poor water into your container, put 1 tablespoon of sodium hydroxide into the water. put the tin foil into the water mixture. close lid. Tada, you now have a hydrogen generator. It will produce well, until the acid is nuetralized or the tin foil is gone.

Gains

Since I have not tried it yet I dont know, but most people say the gains are better on gas powered vehicles vs diesels. If you can adjust your fuel air mixture to make your jeep run lean, you will get much better gas mileage when you apply HHO. Make your electricity free HHO generator and run your lawn mower with it. I did that to convince my wife that its a worth while venture.

h0pper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    Make your electricity free HHO generator and run your lawn mower with it. I did that to convince my wife that its a worth while venture.
    slick move. i think ill try it

whitty Guest
    Hi there this is my first post and that is exactly what i wanted to do! how did you go about making an "electricity free" HHO generator? how did you power it to make the hydrogen for the mower ? I want to start there just to see if i can make it work before i try anything crazy on my car i just got a new 08' cobalt so not in a hurry to mod it (until i prove that i can make it work that is ).

Thanks alot!

Electricity free

Lots of tin foil, "aluminum foil" and several table spoons of sodium hydroxide placed into the same container will chemically react to form hydrogen.