Thread: How about a Materials forum?

How about a Materials forum?

You have electrodes, but in any cell design the outside might be worth discussing as well. I've seen where some people have used acrylic for the case, but that makes me wonder how well that works with the high heat generated from some of these designs because acrylic tends to expand radically.

HDPE is widely used, as endplate material or marine board. I believe there are a lot of threads regarding this topic in the general topic tab. Just a search for endplate or hdpe might give you the results you need.

So stainless is by far the best endplate material to use. It's just harder to work with by far. If you have a drill press and welder then this is what I would suggest. Honestly, this entire site needs a new home. A new site; where there would be a materials forum or thread.

Cut the thinkness of the HDPE down and add an 1/8 MS piece. This does all kinds of things. Strength being the obvious one.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .