Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deep Confusion..

Yessir, that is what I said-
    "Twenty parallel cells per stack, four stacks series connected as per the diagram."
    -and thank you-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    @2L8- Don't worry, you haven't ****ed me off yet
    The day is young!LOL

100 amps @ 8 volts- if stacks split amperage as you stated earlier, then that would mean 25amps per stack, right?
    Only if you continue to insist that you only have 4 stacks. I believe you will measure the entire 100 amps entering each reactor, being divided by 20 internally with only 5 amps passing through each cell and then joining back together into the full 100 amps on it's way to the next reactor

I learned from that book that series connecting the e-lyzers splits voltage, so 8 volts split through 4 e-lyzers makes 2 volts apiece, right?
    Yes. Each of your reactors is acting like a resistor in series.

Let me try to make this real simple for both of us. It doesn't really matter how each of us choose to picture it in our heads. The bottom line is the total system amperage divided by the amperge you measure passing through a single individual cell ALWAYS equals the number of stacks you have with ANY configuration regardless of how convoluted it might seem. Of course, you have to disregard any losses due to various factors that might show up in the measurement.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

I might be getting the hang of this. Let me state this a different way. A stack of plates be it dinner plates or stainless steel plates tied together, is not the kind of stack being referenced here, even though they are a physical stack. The difference comes in how a set of plates are connected. If they are parallel connected amps are divided and voltage stays the same. If the connections are serial then the voltage is divided and amps stay the same. Now when you have both 20 parallel (20 stacks) in a series of 4 that is a total of 80 cells, you have to make both calculations. The result is amps divided by the 20 stacks and voltage divided by the 4 serial. Now that should muddy up the water a little more. LOL