Thread: Newbie needs help

Newbie needs help

Hello everyone,

Never new HHO had a huge following and I'm glad to be here.

I would appreciate someone to direct me in the right direction regaring HHO.

I have a 2007 Lincoln Navigator and gas mileage sucks big time.

I've seen few youtube videos and after doing plenty of research, I am going to give HHO a try even if only improve gas mileage by 10%. Every mile counts.

If I was to install a HHO generator in the car is EFIE a MUST have? If I don't have one, would it damage the engine? Many youtube videos I've seen, they never mention about EFIE. I have no clue is even install one. Is it difficult to install?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

I hope your research is going well. Your vehicle is computer controlled and won't benefit from HHO. The only way to benefit is to make the computer realize less gas is needed to run the vehicle. All this takes place in a matter of seconds.

You could use an EFIE etc, but that is just pointless IMHO (unless you don't have a shop that can tune it for you). Your best bet is to pay someone to tune your vehicle.

I will be building a system as well, but will end up tuning the car with hptuners. I will be doing a before and after scan and will post my findings.

It will be in a supercharged application so it may be a bit differen than what one would see in a NA setup.

I will also have a before and after dyno results as well.

Good luck with your project and keep us posted at your results.

There are quite a number of things you can try. First thing you must have a reactor that is efficient. If you do not, then you will just be kidding yourself. Next you will have to have some way of telling the ECU to put less fuel in. This can be done with a Volo chip. Google it and find a dealer near you. Some of them offer a money back guarantee if it does not work on your car. Do not buy it if they don't. Look for one that does. The next possibility is an EFIE. On a 2007 I believe you need the digital quad to make sure all 4 o2 sensors are adjusted. I am not familiar with the 2007 but I suspect you will also need a MAF/Map enhancer. Last you can try and fool the MAF which does work on some cars. Here is some links to look at.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread....hlight=lincoln

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread....hlight=lincoln

There is a lot of ifs and a lot more than I have listed. Lots of variables and I suggest you do all the research before you start spending your money. Use the search feature on this forum and any other forums you can access. Reading and good research will save you time and money. Good luck the more you learn the better success you will have.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Yes -- everything that Ben & Carter said. All good advice.

I have a bid in on a small fleet of PU trucks, a mix of chevy, ford and dodge. I don't usually do gas vehicles, but business is business. I plan on doing some with the Volo chips and some with EFIEs. Should be a great side by side comparison oportunity. IF I get the job.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.