Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Figuring amount of power from Hydrogen

Quote Originally Posted by astrocady View Post
    If our truck has an engine displacement of 16 liters, and it's a 4 cycle engine, that means it will suck in 16 liters of air every 2 revolutions (assuming naturally aspirated). So if our truck is cruising down the road at at 2000 RPM, it's injesting 16,000 liters of air every minute. If air contains 21% oxygen, then that equals 3,360 liters per minute of oxygen. If we're injecting 6 lpm of HHO, then we would need to add those extra 2 liters of oxygen bring the total up to 3,362 lpm of oxygen. 2/3362 = is only .06% increase in oxygen due to the HHO, so I think I'm safe in ignoring its effects.
    This is nearly, word for word, the exact same argument the skeptics use to say that it is safe to ignore the possible effects that HHO could have altogether. The fact is there are now thousands upon thousands of people who have independently corroborated the beneficial effects that very small amounts (insignificant when compared to tha total volume of air being sucked into the air intake) of HHO can have when introduced into the air intake of an I.C.E.

Another fact is that there is a dynamic at work that we do not fully understand. It shouldn't work, but, in many cases, it does and we don't know exactly why. The math doesn't work out in our favor. As far as any calculations go, you might as well discount the oxygen because there is no mathematical way to incorporate it that I know of and the energy density of HHO has never been definitively quantified as far as I know.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

I'm not trying to say HHO doesn't work. I KNOW it does. But I believe the gains are from burning more of the gasoline or diesel that normally just passes out the exhaust.

My figures were solely to prove that HHO should not be classified as a fuel additive by those states (like CA) that regulate, and must approve, such additives.
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.