Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: you know

Your right pure O2 is a danger from a combustion perspective. O2 becomes a poison at some thing like 3 atmospheres of pressure not a narcotic. It's nitrogen that becomes a narcotic. I know this thanks to my other hobby S.C.U.B.A. diving.

JonDoh Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LinChiek View Post
    human can't really breath using 100% o2 rite? we will b intoxicated rite?
    Idk...... there seems to be alot of Oxygen bars... that's kinda like a fad.... go to the bar and breath pure oxygen

coffeeachiever Guest
    On the ambulance we frequently give patients 10-15 lpm of pure O2 through a non rebreather mask. Good for heart attacks, strokes and pulmonary edema, but I think it's a bad idea to add it to the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith03Jetta View Post
    I've actually thought about the possibility of using a small medical oxygen separator to "Clean" the oxygen out of our useful Hydrogen. I don't know if this would work or not because I know absolutely nothing about the machines or how they work.
    The company I work for makes the chemical for these machines. They work by passing the gasses to be seperated through a molecular sieve which is basiclly a engineered crystal type molecule that traps the nitrogen but allows the oxygen to pass through.

I don't think an "oxygen concentrator" would do anything for HHO due to the different sizes of the hydrogen and nitrogen atoms.

We make a molecular sieve just for filtering hydrogen. Unfortunatly it is made at a different plant from the one I work at but I am working on a way to get some to play with.

There is a lot of info on the web about this stuff. Try search words 13x zeolite, hydrogen molecular sieve