Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HHO producation failed

HHO producation failed

Hey guys,

Today, I have carried out to make the hydrogen production, but unfortunately it doesn't work! The problem from what I saw that there was a little water boiled next to the ring terminal on the right side next to the plates, but the electrical doesn't connected to the plates to make the water to boils. I think that I nearly got successful there, but I guess but I am not sure, the electrical doesn't connected to each of the plate to make the water boiling or there could be not enough power in the electrical circuit.

However, I have tested on the battery using with digital multimeter. The battery have got 11.38v, so I am sure that why it should be working properly. I can confirmed that the electrical did connected as series circuit but it did not connected as parallel circuit (due to the electrical doesn't connected to the plates) and I also confirmed that the electrical did connected to the bolt from the ring terminal but it did not connected to each plate to make the water boiling.

Do you know why it failed and what I should I do to make it work it properly?

Thanks!

Chris,
    You're going to have to post a bunch more information about your reactor if you want any help. What size are your plates? Is it a wet or dry-cell? What is your electrolyte? How many amps. is it drawing?
    Photo's would be a great help. The water isn't supposed to boil. The current separates the H2 & O molecules, forcing them into their gaseous states.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Hey lhazleton,

Thanks for your quick response, I am sorry that I have forgot to included the information. The size of the plate I made are 4.8cm height and 3cm wide, the plate I uses are stainless steel 304. I have already made 5 plates to make hydrogen produce. I don't know how many amps I am using, possibly 24amp but I am not sure. I am using wet cells for now, it is just for a small testing before I would be able to use dry cells in the near future, only when I get successful first. However, the electrolytes I uses are potassium hydroxide.

Anyway, do you know why the electrical doesn't connected to the plate to make the water boiling, is it because it doesn't get contact with the plate or there could be not enough power?

if your reading 11.8 volts from a 12 volt battery your battery is compleatly dead. your better off testing with a DC power supply.

Unless I'm reading something wrong, your plates are only 4.8 x 3 cm.?
    That's 1.8 x 1.2 inches, giving a surface area of 5.66 sq. in., or 14.4 sq.cm..
    That's extremely small. With 5 plates, I'm assuming you have them arranged as -NNN+. It's going to produce more steam than hydroxy using only 3 neutral plates.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

@oicu812: The battery is fully working. I have tested them with the DCV. The DCV on the battery is 11.8. How do you know that the battery is dead? I don't have enough money to buy DC power supply. It may cost me alot!

@lhazleton: why do you think that the plates are too small?? According to my friend, he said that it should work well either plate 304 or 316. I can't see why it should work. I have diagnosis and found there was no voltage current flow on the plates, no amps. What the problem could be? can the problem be with the bolts, who doesn't get enough contacts with the plates??

A fully charged battery in good condition when fully charged should have some where between 12.2 volts to 12.8 volts. Just measuring a battery with a volt meter will not show you if it is charged or not. You need to test a battery under load to do this. Special testers are made for this. You can also test the specific gravity. A battery could show 12 volts on a volt meter yet not even make a clicking sound if you tried to start your car. An easy test is to put this battery in your car and try to start it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Well, I am definitely sure that the battery should be in a good working order. However, my main problem is that the plates has no voltage and there is no amps in the plates. I have tried to make the terminals contact with the plate, but the electrical doesn't get through it. The switches got blown after there was too much resistance in the circuits. There are plenty of voltage stored in the battery, so I am not sure why the electrical doesn't get through the plate. The plate I uses are stainless steel 304.

However, do you have any idea why the electrical doesn't get through the plate??

I'd find it strange why the electrical doesn't get through it.

Any suggests?

What type of electrolyte are you using or are you using plain water?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

I am using KOH and distilled water, but the plates won't make the water to boils due to something wrong with electrical won't get direct in the plate....You would have to tell me in what situation that I can force the electrical to get direct in the plate??

Thanks!