Thread: Desing my new Dry cell kit

Desing my new Dry cell kit

Hello to everyone!

I am glad to be a member of this very intresting community.

My name is Philip, I am from Greece, Mechanical engineer and MSc in energy.

I would like to design and build a dry cell kit on my automobile, Peugeot 206 1400cc, 75ps.

Could you tell about the dry cells how many plates I want, the thickness, the kind (304,316) and the size of them?

I also I would like to know the connection of neutral is more efficient and why?

Thank you very much!

Greetings Philip, and welcome to the forum. I looked up your car, are you sure you will have some place for the electrolyzer and bubblers? Have you done any research on the electronics necessary to trick your engine's computer into letting you use HHO without losing mileage? An aftermarket engine management system is a good investment when using HHO because it will allow you to adjust your engine to best take advantage of the HHO. There are many other tricks, both mechanical and electronic that can be done to increase your mileage, the determining factors in most cases are time, money and interest. Because you have a small engine you will not have to make a great deal of HHO, about 1.5 lpm will be plenty and should be easy enough to produce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When you say aftermarket engine managmenst system you talking about O2 or MAF enhancers? Yes I know about that, but first I want to test it with O2 sensor extender.

Before of those I want to design the heart of the kit, the dry cell.

Thank you.

Have you located a space where the drycell will fit? Also, there is not much to designing a drycell for an engine of 1400cc. Probably 13 plates, arranged [-nnnnn+nnnnn-] of 316L stainless steel, about 10cm x 25cm each. EPDM of 1.5mm may be used for gaskets with good results. You must find room for a make-up water reservoir and also a bubbler to cleanse the gas and prevent flash back. Finding room in the engine compartment for the equipment may be more difficult than actually designing and building it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    Have you located a space where the drycell will fit? Also, there is not much to designing a drycell for an engine of 1400cc. Probably 13 plates, arranged [-nnnnn+nnnnn-] of 316L stainless steel, about 10cm x 25cm each. EPDM of 1.5mm may be used for gaskets with good results. You must find room for a make-up water reservoir and also a bubbler to cleanse the gas and prevent flash back. Finding room in the engine compartment for the equipment may be more difficult than actually designing and building it!
    No problem about the space, I will put it between the front bumper and the heat exchanger. I would like to ask abou the nautral type connection. The neutral plates do not supply with current and why? Are made electrolysis on the neutral? Why to choose -nnnn+nnnn- or +-+-+-+-?What the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by karmagos1 View Post
    The neutral plates do not supply with current and why? Are made electrolysis on the neutral? Why to choose -nnnn+nnnn- or +-+-+-+-?What the difference?
    Philip,
    Welcome to the Forum. The idea of using neutral (bi-polar) plates is to make the gap voltage around 2vdc which is optimum for separating the water into H2 and O molecules.
    With a standard 13.8v system, (-NNNNN+NNNNN-) will yield 2.3 volts per gap, whereas (+-+-+-+-+-+-+) will be 13.8 volts per gap. Lots of steam and amperage draw.
    Even the one you posted (-NNNN+NNNN-) will be kind of inefficient at 2.76 volts.
    I always run at least 6 bi-polar(neutral) plates per stack @ 1.97 volts. This produces well and runs cool due to less amperage being drawn.

Lee
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Hence the solution of -NNNNN+NNNNN- is the final best choice for my car (1400cc) with 13 plates of 316L? What about of active area? 10x25cm is enough?

For that size unit, considering 1cm wide gasket, you would have 4416cm2 of working (wet) area minus 2 holes of 1/2cm diameter per plate... My gut says that's about right, but maybe one of the math whizzes could step in now for the final calcs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

what about the thickness of 316?

1mm is fine...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]