Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Depot find...

I would LOVE to! Let me run this by the boss (the one at home -- the REAL boss) and I get back to you.

Steve
    aka: That Guy
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

LOL! Yeah, know what you mean- I proposed this to MY boss in terms of a little mini-getaway long weekend kind of deal, we won't be going back to work until next Tuesday, and I'm taking Thursday & Friday off as well to get the truck ready.. Hey!- your boss can meet my boss!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BioFarmer93 View Post
    I was wandering around Home Depot yesterday gathering odds and ends, when Lo! and Behold! ..what should appear before my eyes, rolled up on a pipe out in the garden section? Nothing less than black EPDM about .04" or .05" thick x 15' wide sold by the running foot.. -Later
    Bio...A frugal man after my own heart!
    I bought this stuff at home depot also to build my dry cell. They work great. Tight, no leaks, no problems at all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Andy,
    I thought you used the grey shower pan liner. Is there a difference?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Andy,
    I thought you used the grey shower pan liner. Is there a difference?
    They come in both EPDM or PVC.
    I used to use the 1/16" thick EPDM shower pan liner material which can also used as pond liners & such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Ben,
    This is readily available at any Home Depot or Lowes. The last sheet I bought was around $12 for a 2'x4' piece.
    Also, welcome back! Hope you had a nice trip.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

koya1893, The dies are made to fit a Pop press. I think that is what it is called. It's air operated and makes one strike down the up and is foot operated. The die is auto eject. To use the die by hand I do not think will work. The gaskets are not that expensive once you own the die. More than making them yourself though. I own a 6X6X1/2 (is also stated 6X5 od 6" id 5") inch die and have plenty of gaskets in 1/8 thickness and can have 1/16 cut any time. PM me if you are really interested and would be happy help. The local guy is fast and I can stand right there and make sure it is done!! The die takes about 7-10 days to make depending on how complicated it is and work load.

I have found that if you have 10 sq inches active area or larger 1/16 is to close after the squeeze and production suffers. It might not be in all reactors but that is what I found in mine.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Bio,
    I went to Home Depot today & got the .40" black pond liner. Good deal!
    $10 for enough to redo all of my gaskets plus have a bunch left over.
    It seems softer than the shower pan liner I've been using, so hopefully it'll seal better with less torque.
    I made a tempate tonight, so tomorrow I should have all of the gaskets done.
    The next thing I want to get is some of the clear 2" PVC for my bubblers.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

Y'all should order this catalog -- Aquatic Eco-Systems, Inc. 877-347-4788
    You can shop online at AquaticEco.com, but the paper catalog is a really good reference book, IMO.

They deal mainly with the professional aquarium and fish breeders and have lots of plastic fitting, hoses, valves, tubing, air stones, check valves, etc. Their prices are not always the best, so if you want quantities you should shop around. But some items, like their 3/8 barbed ball valves for $1.53 each, can't be beat.

Anyway, they have clear pvc in many sizes, along with clear tee, elbows and couplings. The 2" is 9.50/ft, so not nearly cheap as Ben's place, but if you can buy only a foot if that's all you need. Still, the catalog is great to have.

Steve
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

Quote Originally Posted by koya1893 View Post
    Also, the barb I get for .60 cents each from a local True Value store, supporting the local business is great.
    No, I'm not talking about a barb fitting. This is a ball valve with barb fittings molded on each end.